Today

Options
I’m looking out my kitchen window at a gorgeous crisp cold December morning. The bird feeder has had a steady group of customers, from sparrows to squirrels, chickadees, cardinals, blue jays, two different kinds of woodpeckers, and even an occasional morning dove. Their activity reminds me how moments like this, that quiet stillness of just watching, getting totally engrossed in observing nature is so important.

In one of Mel Robbins’ videos (see YouTube), she talks about the two questions one should ask themselves every morning, to set the purpose and tone for the day. Those two questions are:

1. What is my one goal for today? Answer should align with what’s most important for someone to feel accomplished that day and can be a simple as cleaning your kitchen sink (plug for Fly Lady)
2. Who am I going to be today? This answer should align with the person you aspire to portray to yourself and others.

My answers for these two questions are as follows:
1. Write a MFP blog
2. Be joyful

I’m on a life long journey of wellness that goes far beyond losing that 20 lbs I’ve gained. At 60, I recognize every moment I’ve got left is far more precious than worrying about all the negativity in the world I alone have no power to change. Instead, I’m choosing to focus on the present, with joy, optimism, and love, by first loving myself so I, in turn, can love those my life comes in contact with.

If this morning’s kitchen window view is any indication of the day ahead, I’m in for a good one. It’s time to:

Commit
Do
Make it Real
Now

Have a great day!