Anyone interested in a support group for binge eaters / poor body image

Options
I would like to set up a weekly zoom meeting support group for people who have problems with binge eating. It can also extend to people who have serious self esteem issues due to their eating habits and weight. I feel like the two often go hand in hand.

I am willing to run this group. I have nothing to gain from this other to help myself and others who face similar struggles. I can do Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday evenings and am available between 11 pm - 1 am eastern standard time.

I am tired of the stigma that surrounds people with eating disorders like binge eating. I am tired of living in pain every day because I can't talk to anyone about this. I am tired of the majority of thoughts I have an interactions I have with people dominated by body image. I am tired of the on again off again weight loss/weight gain and binge eating.

Sometimes I feel like just being to talk to and listen to people who have the same struggles and understand can make all of the difference. If this sounds like you and you are interested please reach out here. If anyone is uncomfortable with the idea of zoom we can do it with the cameras turned off and only do audio.

Replies

• Hamoangrl29
    Hamoangrl29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feeling the same way! However, I think because of the Pandemic people are a bit more restricted to a certain lifestyle than what they had before. I guess some individuals need others to coexist, just my opinion. I wouldn't mind joining, I always talk about weightless and weight gain.
  • TimPo40
    TimPo40 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Feeling the same way! However, I think because of the Pandemic people are a bit more restricted to a certain lifestyle than what they had before. I guess some individuals need others to coexist, just my opinion. I wouldn't mind joining, I always talk about weightless and weight gain.

Welcome. Hopefully there is more interest and perhaps we could start something next week.
  • sirlanceoflompoc
    sirlanceoflompoc Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm interested. Sent you a direct message
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,328 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @maxsonk1 - You might be interested in this group. I just posted a response to your thread titled: I don’t know what to do (TW, I think) and then came across this thread on a similar topic. Best wishes to everyone posting here.
  • caitwence300
    caitwence300 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Interested
  • TimPo40
    Options
    Sorry to everyone who responded for the late response on my part. It's been an extremely busy and hectic week for me. I appreciate those who have shown interest. Would everyone be able to do a zoom this Wednesday night at 11 pm eastern time. Please let me know as soon as possible and we can move forward.
  • TimPo40
    Options
    Hey I'm interested. Sent you a direct message

Hmmm, I don't have any messages in my inbox. Could you try sending again.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hey folks - in the last week we have had several members posting about creating zoom support meetings.

We LOVE the idea of more ways for our members to support each other and also have to balance that with our guidelines and safety considerations with asking for and giving personal information online.

Strongly encouraging this group of folks to create an MFP group, it can be private and contain zoom links without needing to share personal information such as email address.

Please remember this guideline:
    I won’t post personal information like telephone numbers, email, mailing address, social media, chat or instant messenger IDs, etc. (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, WhatsApp usernames, etc.).

Also would love to hear how this support group progresses. I know having someone there who understands what you are struggling with can make a big difference.