Whole Wheat Banana Muffins

Options
KarenECunningham
KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
These are delicious and my picky grandson loved them. They may not be the lowest fat version but they are tasty and meet my whole wheat/whole grain no white sugar dietary requirements. They could be tweaked with egg substitute and applesauce to replace the butter. I personally prefer a little fat in my baked goods.

HEALTHY WHOLE WHEAT BANANA MUFFINS

Makes 10 muffins
King Arthur Flour - Traditional Whole Wheat Flour, 1 cup
Quaker Oats - Oatmeal, Old Fashioned Quaker Oats , 1/2 cup (40g)
¼ tsp Salt
½ tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder, 1 tsp
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon, 1 tsp
¼ melted Butter
1 Large Egg
½ Cup Honey
¼ Cup light Sour Cream
2 very ripe medium size Bananas

Directions: Preheat oven to 350. Spray 10 muffin tin cups with non stick cooking spray or use muffin liners.

Melt ¼ cup unsalted butter and set aside.

Combine the WW flour, oats, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon in a bowl and mix together with a whisk.

Mash the bananas in a small bowl and set aside.

In a large mixing bowl mix the egg and honey until well blended with a whisk. Slowly stir in the melted butter until well blended then add the sour cream.

Alternate adding the flour mixture and mashed bananas into the above. Stir until moistened.

Fill muffin tins a little over ½ full and put water in the two remaining empty tins. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until firm when pressed. Serve warm.

Nutritional information: Per muffin

Calories: 184
Fat: 6
Fiber: 3
Protein: 4
Carbs: 32
Sodium: 184

Replies

• bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    sounds so good! I'm going to make them when my bananas get overripe!
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing! I am going to try these over the weekend....if I could just KEEP bananas in my house long enough!!
  • taijade
    taijade Posts: 38
    Options
    Karen, I think I might kinda love you for that recipe!!!