Annoying gym problems and how you solve them

What is the most annoying gym problem you have? For me, it's having to carry my huge duffle around plus my work bag on gym days.

Replies

• beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Smells like farts and b.o. so I decided not to go for nine months.
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    These *kitten* masks are my most annoying gym problem.

But you’re saving the planet and such
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,087 Member
    I didn’t say I wasn’t wearing them. Regardless, its my most annoying gym problem.
  • CaramonM
    CaramonM Posts: 263 Member
    Coldness and darkness is the most annoying for me.

I need to restructure my routine and exercise space.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    I sweat so much there’s no way I could do it. Since I mainly used the gym for cardio, makes more sense to work out at home or outside where there aren’t any people around. In theory. In reality I’ve gained a ton of weight and am super out of shape.
  • Danw586
    Danw586 Posts: 237 Member
    Lack of adequate squat racks.

Improve adapt overcome

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,541 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    When I'm at the top of a deadlift and the dog suddenly decides to hang out at my feet.

I have to yell at her because I can't stay like that forever waiting for her to move. And then I feel like a mean Mama.

However the ultimate solution was to put new flooring in the basement which she hates so she never hangs out down there any more.

My cat likes to snuggle by climbing onto my chest in the middle of a bench press. It doesn't work out so well for either of us.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    When I was going to the gym...

the most annoying thing was having people rudely stand in front of me, watching, and waiting for me to finish so that they could use the machine. Made me feel rushed.

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    vanityy99 wrote: »

the most annoying thing was having people rudely stand in front of me, watching, and waiting for me to finish so that they could use the machine. Made me feel rushed.

Imo that’s the best time to do curls in the squat rack
  • kinetixtrainer2

Just look up and say this is my first set of 5x50
  • LGS_RFS
    LGS_RFS Posts: 78 Member

Turn up the music, stare them in the eyes and go slower. Or just do what Caco said.
  • LGS_RFS
    LGS_RFS Posts: 78 Member
    For me though, people not organizing or putting the weights back where they got them. Gets old fast when trying to look for specific things.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member

I have. They are scared someone will take it before them and continue to just stand there
  • kinetixtrainer2

I have. They are scared someone will take it before them and continue to just stand there

Farting may help! 😂

0tmtaay33e42.gif

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    These *kitten* masks are my most annoying gym problem.

Darn right

It was a couple of weeks ago and I went to the gym late, late on a Sunday; like an hour or so before closing.

The place was darn near empty and I was lifting in the back of the building with nobody within 75 feet of me

I took off the mask and hopped on the bench and starting lifting.

It was glorious

It was magical

I was actually lifting and breathing

It felt like 2017 all over again

The roof suddenly opened and light appeared

It looked a lot like this:

125x200cm-Photography-backdrop-HUAYI-Thin-Vinyl-heaven-Clouds-Moon-Blue-Background-D-4040.jpg