Here I go again!

Options
Tried this a few times. I want to feel good, look good but everyday seems like a failure. Start the day telling myself, “today is the day” but by bedtime I couldn’t control myself. Beer, chips and whatever sounds good down the hatch.

Replies

• MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    You can do it.
  • mbfink2018
    mbfink2018 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I totally agree! For me it's always - this is a new week starting again! I am trying to work on not beating myself up over it and just focusing on little steps at a time.
  • The_Elephant_Man
    The_Elephant_Man Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    mbfink2018 wrote: »
    I totally agree! For me it's always - this is a new week starting again! I am trying to work on not beating myself up over it and just focusing on little steps at a time.

You are correct, just take it 1 day at a time. You can do this!
  • csif14
    csif14 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. Accountability is key to succeeding.
  • mommarass88
    mommarass88 Posts: 22 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Tried this a few times. I want to feel good, look good but everyday seems like a failure. Start the day telling myself, “today is the day” but by bedtime I couldn’t control myself. Beer, chips and whatever sounds good down the hatch.

Agree...I had to not let the first mess up of the day ruin the rest of it. I found exercise to help keep me accountable, the more I worked out the less I wanted to ruin my results with food.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Ha...I feel ya...a nice cold beer or a glass a wine (or 2) after work always tastes soo good. It's my nemesis right now. And then after a couple beers, you need a salty snack! I do agree with Momma that when I exercise i'm less likely to turn to a drink or 2. I think it helps that my stress level is a little less after I work out as well.

the biggest thing is to not let it snowball. Even when you fall off one night, just make good choices the next day and don't tell yourself you have to wait until Monday again :)
  • olympos92
    olympos92 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

Everyone on this app is like you described. There are multiple re-beginners like me. I think the most important thing is when you begin, don't do all or nothing. I mean don't beat yourself when you eat something you shouldn't be eating and don't let the guilt guide you. Keep moving on. We are all humans, there are gonna be ups and downs but I think the most important thing is the persistency.

If you start now you are gonna thank yourself at least 1 months later when you see the change in your life.
  • LGreenfield7
    LGreenfield7 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

Agree...I had to not let the first mess up of the day ruin the rest of it. I found exercise to help keep me accountable, the more I worked out the less I wanted to ruin my results with food.

I agree with your point. at some point the results definitely become a deterrent. I find that as we get leaner we see the effect of food on our bodies throughout the day more and more. For example: When you wake up in the morning you feel flat/dry/ incredible. As the day goes on and we eat we start to retain water and fill up. Beer and chips were mentioned before this so lets stick with that. After a few beers and a bag of chips I look like a different person. Knowing the bloated full flabby look is what fallows beer is what helps me avoid it.

Another suggestion is to try either intermediate fasting to help free up a couple calories in the afternoon. If you cant cut out the beer try a beverage with lower calories. Do you like Black coffee? coffee always suppresses my appetite and if it is black it has next to no calories. Chewing gum and brushing your teeth also help. A. nothing tastes good after mint. B. your mouth will simulate eating, C. you just brushed your teeth, you don't want to have to do it again :p
  • amacias0662
    amacias0662 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You need to try 75 Hard. It makes you mentally strong & also helps get you the results you need. I’ll be attempting to do that again for the 3rd time. 45 days is my best so far. Andy Frisella , 75 Hard.