30 pounds to lose challenge by March 2021

Options

Replies

• RunDMC2021
    RunDMC2021 Posts: 137 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    This morning was a big disappointment for me weight wise, but I am continuing on my journey...
    I've been working on increasing the distance I can walk. All of January, I walked usually a quarter mile or a half mile. On January 31st, I walked a mile and a half! Then first week of February, I walked 0.75-1.5 miles per walk. This past week, I walked 2 miles 3 times. And today, I walked 3.1 miles (5 km)! I'm stoked about that (although I had to ice my knees and hips afterward). I'm preparing for my gym's Spring Sprint 5k run/walk on March 20th, and today I had to see if I could go the distance.

I'd prefer to be continuing with the 2 lbs/week loss I had during my first 6 months, but I will have to accept whatever loss I can get. I

We have to roll with the punches when we stumble, and get back on the horse (to mix metaphors :D ).
    Good luck to all!
    Iknow my exercising is yielding results, so I'm not giving up. I'm looking forward to being able to swim again, because that exercise really works for me.
    rnc52012 wrote: »
    This morning was a big disappointment for me weight wise, but I am continuing on my journey...
    I've been working on increasing the distance I can walk. All of January, I walked usually a quarter mile or a half mile. On January 31st, I walked a mile and a half! Then first week of February, I walked 0.75-1.5 miles per walk. This past week, I walked 2 miles 3 times. And today, I walked 3.1 miles (5 km)! I'm stoked about that (although I had to ice my knees and hips afterward). I'm preparing for my gym's Spring Sprint 5k run/walk on March 20th, and today I had to see if I could go the distance.

I'd prefer to be continuing with the 2 lbs/week loss I had during my first 6 months, but I will have to accept whatever loss I can get. I

We have to roll with the punches when we stumble, and get back on the horse (to mix metaphors :D ).
    Good luck to all!
    Iknow my exercising is yielding results, so I'm not giving up. I'm looking forward to being able to swim again, because that exercise really works for me.

Oops....don't think so did this right!
    See below comment @frankwbrown
  • RunDMC2021
    Options
    Nice progress on your walking😃 Inspiring!
    Isn't swimming wonderful....I feel so weightless, and pain free and soothed in the water. Can't wait for things to shift to freedom to go to fitness centers & pool.
  • RunDMC2021
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @JenT304 Sending strength to you.
    You are doing just fine all things considered and be gentle with yourself.
    Keep checking in here as there seems to be a very caring group of people to give you support and help hold you up.
    Hugs
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    @Up_n_Running
    I enjoy eggs just about any way, but poached eggs is right up there! So is egg salad!
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Excellent progress, @kwgrandma !
  • shnerb00
    shnerb00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Yes @Up_n_Running eggs are fantastic. I’m with @frankwbrown Love em all ways with poached at the top of my list!