Hi!

BekahShambrook
BekahShambrook Posts: 1 Member
edited December 2020 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I'm not new to mfp but I am new to the community here. I'm trying to surround myself with encouraging social media to keep myself accountable.

My goal is to lose 122.6lbs over 18 months to get to a healthy weight. I'm currently 0.1 BMI point away from Obese Class 3 which is terrifying.

Wish me luck!

Replies

• The_Elephant_Man
    The_Elephant_Man Posts: 202 Member
    edited December 2020
    Hi, I'm not new to mfp but I am new to the community here. I'm trying to surround myself with encouraging social media to keep myself accountable.

My goal is to lose 122.6lbs over 18 months to get to a healthy weight. I'm currently 0.1 BMI point away from Obese Class 3 which is terrifying.

Wish me luck!

Good luck! You can do this!
  • Hi,
    Looks like we have similar goals. I want to lose 135lbs in roughly the same time frame.
  • PremGandhi
    PremGandhi Posts: 115 Member
    Hi ma'am, I don't want to discourage you but i think you are targeting very high rate of weight loss. It is about 1.7 lbs per week. Most people keep it between 0.5 to 1.25 per week. I hope it works for you. Good luck!
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    PremGandhi wrote: »
    Hi ma'am, I don't want to discourage you but i think you are targeting very high rate of weight loss. It is about 1.7 lbs per week. Most people keep it between 0.5 to 1.25 per week. I hope it works for you. Good luck!

With so much to lose, the OP can easily lose 2 lbs per week in the beginning. As the excess weight is lost, the OP will have to readjust their goal loss per week, but until about the 50-60 lbs left to lose range, 2 lbs a week is well within the doable range.
  • PremGandhi
    PremGandhi Posts: 115 Member
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »
    PremGandhi wrote: »

With so much to lose, the OP can easily lose 2 lbs per week in the beginning. As the excess weight is lost, the OP will have to readjust their goal loss per week, but until about the 50-60 lbs left to lose range, 2 lbs a week is well within the doable range.

OK. Sorry I misjudged.
  • Crystalb4747
    Crystalb4747 Posts: 20 Member
    I’m working on losing the same too. I check in everyday I’ll send u a FR.