Fitbit Dangerous?

Options
Dailly13
Dailly13 Posts: 190 Member
I have used mfp for a few years now and have been happy with the outcome. I like to enter food in my diary but to be honest I kind of know now how my calorie intake is. I lost the amount of weight I needed to, to become into a healthy weight and have maintained maintained that weight comfortably for about 3 years or a bit more. It also promoted healthy eating which has been wonderful and I have felt the difference. During lockdown I disided to take up running. I started with ct5k. I really enjoyed it and still do. Recently I splashed out on a Fitbit. Was impressed with all the features. And here comes the But! MFT recommends not eating under 1200 calories per day for women and rightly so. My stats are age 60, weight 103-105 height just under 5ft. I have sync MFT with my Fitbit and when I look at my food impute on Fitbit it quite often says I am over budget even if I am slightly below 1200 calories. This worries me as it is sending an unhealthy message to perhaps people who could be vulnerable. I have adjusted settings to make sure this is not a mistake. Love to know your thoughts on this