Options
    I do low carb, not keto necessarily.
  • lorianncorrea
    lorianncorrea Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've been doing keto since July
  • kimberly_billings
    Options
    I have been on keto for the last 6 weeks. I like it, but I definitely think I need to make some adjustments. I am "in ketosis" according to blood test, but not losing a lot of weight.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I have been on keto for the last 6 weeks. I like it, but I definitely think I need to make some adjustments. I am "in ketosis" according to blood test, but not losing a lot of weight.

Are you weighing and tracking your food? Some people find it easier to remain in a deficit on keto, but if you don’t keep track of what you eat, you won’t know if you are eating in a deficit.

Each and every diet works the same; by being in a deficit.
  • headkayce
    headkayce Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been Keto since July. I've had a lot of success, but came to a bit of a stall in December, which is ok by me. It's a marathon not a sprint, right?
  • path7975
    path7975 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have been keto for 8 years & love this WOE
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I run periods of Keto while I lose weight. It's tends to suppress my appetite pretty good, which makes it more sustainable during weight loss. For weight maintenance, I tend to get closer for more low to moderate carb.
  • quixoticcriss
    quixoticcriss Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started keto on the 6th of this month. So far I really like it. I'm aiming for weight loss, but also just want a sustainable food lifestyle. According to the urine test strips, I'm in ketosis already, and have almost completely lost my appetite. It's actually a bit of a problem as I am having trouble getting enough calories through food without feeling queasy while eating. I'm hoping at this point that it evens out as I progress down this path but any advise would be appreciated. I've done some research on keto but other than "appetite suppression" I'm not finding anything particularly relatable.
  • path7975
    Options
    Keto is not simply about being in ketosis it’s about learning what your body needs in order to be healthy.
    Usually carbs are a maximum, protein is the goal and fat as you need it to keep you full but that doesn’t mean having to feel queasy while eating. Try to achieve your protein goal first as you need it to avoid muscle loss.
    I have been keto for 8 years & I never stop learning about this lifestyle. It doesn’t suit everyone but it does for me and the health rewards have been many.
    Try to stick to your macros in grams but please make sure you are eating enough to keep healthy. 🤗
  • silverpl2525
    silverpl2525 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I've been doing keto for 4-5 months. Nearing my weight loss goal, and fully intending on continuing keto once I reach it since I feel better and healthier.
  • joannehornik7727
    joannehornik7727 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I think Keto is not for everyone ...I did try it and the concept of it is ok ..But I also think you should not eliminate foods out completely cause if you decide to go back to your old ways after a diet like this then you can mess your system up a little ... However I think if you are going to any diet changes you need to consult your dr 1st make sure it is the right diet for you ... I personally eat a low carb diet and eat healthier carbs such as fruit gluten free high healthy protein diet .... and I am just fine and have had success
  • path7975
    Options
    I think Keto is not for everyone ...I did try it and the concept of it is ok ..But I also think you should not eliminate foods out completely cause if you decide to go back to your old ways after a diet like this then you can mess your system up a little ... However I think if you are going to any diet changes you need to consult your dr 1st make sure it is the right diet for you ... I personally eat a low carb diet and eat healthier carbs such as fruit gluten free high healthy protein diet .... and I am just fine and have had success

There is nothing eliminated (other than highly processed foods) from the keto way of eating just reduced.
    I am all for a healthy way of eating and incorporate fruits and unprocessed meats, fish, chicken, cheese and veggies. I also eat healthy fats like butter, cream, avocados & oily fish but try to keep them within my macros.
    I am lucky as my GP here in the UK fully supports and even encourages this lifestyle.
    Happy Holidays.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options

Being in ketosis isn't necessary for weight loss; being in a calorie deficit is.

h27zjawgvyoy.jpg

That said:
    1. How much weight have you lost in the past FOUR weeks? (Excluding the first two due to potential large water weight losses.)
    2. How much weight do you want to lose total?

Sometimes our expectations for what constitutes a healthy rate of loss is skewed by shows like The Biggest Loser.

9kjwnia17qv9.jpg