Analyze my dream

Options
Just_Mel_
Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
edited December 2020 in Chit-Chat
Post a dream that you have had, and let MFP analyze it.
(please make these humorous!)

Replies

• Just_Mel_
    Options
    MFP, what does it mean when I keep having sex dreams about my ex?
    And, no I don't want to get back with him, I can't stand to be in the same room as him.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Unresolved issues from that relationship (especially if one or neither does not, ahem, finish or you wake up before you do). The issue itself needn't be intimate.

DREAM: I start successful but questionable businesses that don't ever align with my actual career goals. For example, last week I had a dream about starting a lingerie line exclusively focused on velvet and satin. Wut? 🤔

eta: is it just me or are both dreams and nightmares more vivid since the pandemic started? Furthermore, I used to have trouble remembering my dreams by the time I woke up but these days they've seemed so vivid. Bonkers.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »
    And, no I don't want to get back with him, I can't stand to be in the same room as him.

Probably just unsure about the future
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Unresolved issues from that relationship (especially if one or neither does not, ahem, finish or you wake up before you do). The issue itself needn't be intimate.

DREAM: I start successful but questionable businesses that don't ever align with my actual career goals. For example, last week I had a dream about starting a lingerie line exclusively focused on velvet and satin. Wut? 🤔

eta: is it just me or are both dreams and nightmares more vivid since the pandemic started? Furthermore, I used to have trouble remembering my dreams by the time I woke up but these days they've seemed so vivid. Bonkers.

Bet you'd just washed the sheets and the detergent scent was hitting good overnight
  • steph6556
    steph6556 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Why am I always running in slo-mo? Something is after me and I either drop onto all fours to run like an animal in slo-mo, or I’m running like a normal person in slo-mo but either way, the thing chasing me is blurry and never catches me.... I usually force myself awake before it gets me.... like I’m yelling to my sleeping self to wake the FU and when I wake up I am very “ in the moment” and feel like I just escaped something!! Okay, now tell me how effed up I am...
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    In my dream I was sat at the dining room table and I heard a racket outside. I look out the window to see my mother sprinting across the garden. This was strange enough in itself as she is about as athletic as a sleuth. To thicken the plot, she was running with a cow, a donkey, a pig, and a horse. Behind them was an AC130. This added further mystery as we live in England, and also mortal peril. My mother and her farmyard crew somehow managed to escape the gunship by sprinting through the fence at the other end of the garden and presumably to safety. And I went back to my work.

This is a dream I had a few months ago and I am eternally perplexed by it 🤔
  • JACKRABBITnotsoSLIMS
    Options

Just_Mel_ wrote: »

For starters, it means you really know how to start up a conversation😂.
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    Options

I don't know, this actually sounds like a great business idea. Maybe you subliminally saw an ad for VS and subconsciously thought that their product was sorely lacking in quality materials. Maybe it's inspiration from the divine that you can do better. I would let this one sit on the burner for a bit. Even if you don't want to be the queen of velvety underthings, ideas usually spark more ideas. One of them could be right up your alley. People have built fortunes and created empires out of things like this. I'm thinking of mop lady from the movie Joy and the My Pillow guy.
  • scratchmyTwitch
    scratchmyTwitch Posts: 218 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I took a ride to a seaside town in a convertible with a man. The ocean was huge and filled my vision. We got in the water and he told me how to float. He said I should do it with my eyes closed. So I did. With my eyes closed I floated on my back and felt a swell left me high and then lower me gently back down. After the wave passed I opened my eyes to tell my man but he was gone. I spent the rest of the dream looking for him
  • JACKRABBITnotsoSLIMS
    Options
    steph6556 wrote: »
    Why am I always running in slo-mo? Something is after me and I either drop onto all fours to run like an animal in slo-mo, or I’m running like a normal person in slo-mo but either way, the thing chasing me is blurry and never catches me.... I usually force myself awake before it gets me.... like I’m yelling to my sleeping self to wake the FU and when I wake up I am very “ in the moment” and feel like I just escaped something!! Okay, now tell me how effed up I am...

Easy! Too much wine before bed and as you get hot you push the blanket down which ties up your legs while you are running from Just_Mel’s ex boyfriend.

• iMago
    Options
    I took a ride to a seaside town in a convertible with a man. The ocean was huge and filled my vision. We got in the water and he told me how to float. He said I should do it with my eyes closed. So I did. With my eyes closed I floated on my back and felt a swell left me high and then lower me gently back down. After the wave passed I opened my eyes to tell my man but he was gone. I spent the rest of the dream looking for him

You're worried about money
  • JACKRABBITnotsoSLIMS
    Options

Very poetic. Summers coming. Find your self a lifeguard with a convertible.
    #baywatchdreamscometrue

• scratchmyTwitch
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

You're worried about money

I think that’s it because he also rubbed his cheek against mine and said, “You need to be in love.”
  • MaltedTea
    Options

"It" (the blurry thing) is something you think you should fear but actually want to experience. Next time, turn around and confront it within your dream.
  • MaltedTea
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    et you'd just washed the sheets and the detergent scent was hitting good overnight

(...shuts her blinds and papers over the peephole...)

How else would you know unless you're watching me 24/7? 😱
    JessBbody wrote: »
    I don't know, this actually sounds like a great business idea. Maybe you subliminally saw an ad for VS and subconsciously thought that their product was sorely lacking in quality materials. Maybe it's inspiration from the divine that you can do better. I would let this one sit on the burner for a bit. Even if you don't want to be the queen of velvety underthings, ideas usually spark more ideas. One of them could be right up your alley. People have built fortunes and created empires out of things like this. I'm thinking of mop lady from the movie Joy and the My Pillow guy.

Noted. Yet, the dream before that one, for example, was creating a competitor for Google Maps 😕 They're just so random and never associated with what I actually like to do.
  • MaltedTea
    Options

He admires your independence and willingness to try new things fearlessly.
  • steph6556
    steph6556 Posts: 575 Member
    Options

"It" (the blurry thing) is something you think you should fear but actually want to experience. Next time, turn around and confront it within your dream.

It’s so cool that you just planted a seed in my mind! It never occurred to me that the “thing” could be good and I should take it on. You just gave me power over something, 😊💪🏼

• iMago
    Options
    I had this dream when I was very young and it still haunts me til this day.

There's a strange man banging on my front door and he has a chainsaw in his hand. As I'm looking out the window I can see a shallow grave he dug up for me right under my favorite tree. I'd often climb this tree and read books, it was my quiet place. I'm hysterically crying as I try and hold the door closed....chainsaws scare the *kitten* outta me to this day. I woke up before it ended.

You were scared of your dad
  • scratchmyTwitch
    Options
    I had this dream when I was very young and it still haunts me til this day.

There's a strange man banging on my front door and he has a chainsaw in his hand. As I'm looking out the window I can see a shallow grave he dug up for me right under my favorite tree. I'd often climb this tree and read books, it was my quiet place. I'm hysterically crying as I try and hold the door closed....chainsaws scare the *kitten* outta me to this day. I woke up before it ended.
    idk sounds like you read vc andrews and your uncle took you to inappropriate horror movies
  • Just_Mel_
    Options
    I have recurring dreams where my teeth all fall out.