Skinny fat body recomposition

Options
gdfrew
gdfrew Posts: 45 Member
Hi everyone I'd like to hear of some of your success stories regarding if you are skinny fat like me. How you got along with the body recomposition route. How long did it take you to see some results in the mid section and chest areas for example? Your favourite exercises or routines. I'd love to know to see how it typically goes if I follow all the eat rules and such. I know its different for everyone I'm not trying to rush anything just interested.

Im 6ft and 72.5kg currently probably ideal weigh but probably higher body fat than I'd like in the 20 odd % area somewhere. I can finally see some progress in my shoulders and biceps but still not an inch of progress in the belly or chest area. I'm happy to keep going, not giving up I can see and feel some progress with the weights in the progressive overload area. I have increased the weight I'm lifting so I'm fairly happy with that. I'm still doing a bit of cardio for fitness and endurance reasons I'm hoping that this is surely not hindering my cause for a better shape

Share your stories please

Replies

• gdfrew
    gdfrew Posts: 45 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I'm impressed with the results you had. From your left picture I'm starting at a slightly worse body fat pc than you even with the less weight. I'm still a newbie to it all so most of what you said went right over my head haha. I'm still learning.

If I even make it to half of what your right picture is now I'd be happy. I will keep prodding along I know its a slow progress.

I've been keeping up my protein intake as well, just waiting on next year for a new gym membership, so making do with the dumbbells and bodyweights I have for now

Here is what essentially will be my starting progress photo, I'm rubbish at taking photos as well bbb8ckrrgo7u.jpg
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    gdfrew wrote: »
    I'm impressed with the results you had. From your left picture I'm starting at a slightly worse body fat pc than you even with the less weight. I'm still a newbie to it all so most of what you said went right over my head haha. I'm still learning.

If I even make it go half of what your right picture is now I'd be happy. I will keep prodding along I know its a slow progress.

Everyone starts somewhere; you've got the right attitude to just keep grinding. The wiki on r/fitness is a great consolidated resource for the basics of getting in shape and has a nice repository of workout routines. I'm also a fan of Nerd Fitness and their messaging about accessibility and scalability for fitness and the way most of their information is portrayed is done in a fun and easily digestible fashion. Feel free to shoot me a friend request or DM if you want to chat.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!