First major hurdle....crushed

Options
For some people this may not seem like a huge deal but for me it was really exciting. I've only been on mfp for about 2 weeks and so far I love it! Being young and living in a college town predrinking, bars with more drinking, and late night eating after drinking are all usually things that are in a night out. Last night was my first night out since I have started mfp and i only had 1 rum and diet coke the whole night and no late night eating!!! Before on nights out I would down at least 10 beers or so varying from cans, to pints, to big beers and we all know how many calories that can add up to. Plus the late night stop and the sandwich shop to get an almost foot long sandwich and chips.

I used to think that I needed to be drunk or tipsy to have fun but now i realize I dont! And I feel sooo much better the next day! This has given me such a boost for the day! I hope i can continue this everytime we go out! I have a feeling it might get a little bit tougher since I'm not to far into this but for now I'm taking the victory!

1426897.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    That is great!!! You are doing yourself such a HUGE favor by learning this early in life!!
  • nikki_zav
    nikki_zav Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    That's not a small accomplishment at all!! You just described all of my college years and probably 5 more after. Hence, why I'm here today. Great job and keep up the good work. I went to a ball game the other night and caved into a few beers, but skipped the stop for food on the way home. It felt great!!
  • bldillar
    bldillar Posts: 3
    Options
    You are going to save a lot of money by not drinking that much too! Plus, maybe when you are older you'll be happy to look back and actually be able to remember some of the fun you had in college :)
  • mjc65
    mjc65 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I agree - take the victory and avoid the hangovers the next day ;)
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! It's a big step into the right direction.
  • sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    WTG this is a victory you deserve!!! Keep crushing that hurdle every time you go out, but still move on to the next!
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    That is awesome....any achievement is a big deal so good for you...pat yourself on the back......

You can keep it up as long as you keep that focus....It is hard though because I was a heavy drinker and jack in the box was always my late night stop....i've been drinking free for 4 years now and dont do fast food......I got saved and have a whole new outlook on life....

anywho.....

great job and keep up the good work....its the small victories that matter most to me.
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    Oh, by no means is that a small accomplishment! I, myself, live in a college town and I see the amount of drinking and partying that goes on. So, pat yourself on the back for the cutting back on drinking! I'm giving you a virtual *pat on the back!*

You are doing yourself a tremendous favor FOR YOUR LIFE!! You are on such a good path, and you will find success on your journey, because you have the desire! Good luck in your college years and good luck on your healthy journey....we will be right here beside you all the way!:drinker: (water, of course!!)
  • asteppaway
    asteppaway Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I can't even imagine that would be easy if the people you hang with are still doing the same thing. Good job on staying strong and learning you can still have fun!
  • Liz75
    Liz75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!:wink:
  • losingnow
    losingnow Posts: 82
    Options
    Way to go!!! that is a huge accomplishment! Keep it up!!!!
  • AVeryMegGirl
    Options
    that's a huge accomplishment! Way to go! When I go out I usually have one vodka seltzer but it took me a while to get it to that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!