Shout out to the inventor of....

ReenieHJ
ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
I'm sure we all have found something in our lives that we have no idea how we existed before without it.
It can be funny, serious, an absolutely unnecessary thing...

Today for me, it's parchment paper. :p All those years of broken stuck cookies are no more.
Yippee aye kayaye!!

Replies

• Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Bluetooth headphones.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,541 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I'm sure we all have found something in our lives that we have no idea how we existed before without it.
    It can be funny, serious, an absolutely unnecessary thing...

Today for me, it's parchment paper. :p All those years of broken stuck cookies are no more.
    Yippee aye kayaye!!

OMG... Parchment paper saved my sanity!!!

For me... Light timers for Christmas trees. It's so nice to not have to remember to plug it in and unplug it. Blah blah blah.

Now they magically turn on. It's heaven.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,541 Member
    Miz_Owl wrote: »
    Doorbell camera .

w7x7ymruzbu8.gif

I'm just going to watch this whenever I feel sad.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Cell phones...
    I know there's plenty of evilz with them, but when I think about what life was like before them...
    Calling my parents from a pay phone at the mall when I wanted to be picked up.
    Getting lost.
    Carrying paper maps.
    Keeping a paper address book updated with phone numbers and addresses.
    Not being able to leave the house if you were waiting for an important call.
    Etc etc etc.

It's probably the most significant invention for the general populace in my lifetime.
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    Automatic coffee machines.

The pleasure that I get from waking up to a huge, piping hot pot of coffee can't be compared with any other modem household conveniences.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Pads
    Tampons
    Advil
    Condoms
  • Drex_617
    Drex_617 Posts: 153 Member
    Beer
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Doorbell camera .

w7x7ymruzbu8.gif

I love this!!!

My neighbors have a camera pointed towards the front of their house and a computer in the garage. One day the wife comes running down; she had something she wanted to show me. Their camera caught A black bear going right across their front lawn, driveway and on my front lawn. I found the whole thing hilarious because my 2 dogs announce anything and everything for half a mile around. But they never saw the bear??? That woulda been cool. :)
  • chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
    A big shout-out to the inventor of the fiddle.

You've brought my pet turtle out of his depression with your lush arrangements and made him snappy again when talk therapy and Prozac couldn't. I've also started to feel like lately someone is trying to kill me, but that's ok. I'm sure it will be fine.
  • Miz_Owl
    Miz_Owl Posts: 3,026 Member
    Paying bills on line .
    No need to go to the bank with a birthday check . Just scan it on their app .
    Video chat is a big one when family member live far away .
  • Miz_Owl
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Doorbell camera .

w7x7ymruzbu8.gif

I love this!!!

My neighbors have a camera pointed towards the front of their house and a computer in the garage. One day the wife comes running down; she had something she wanted to show me. Their camera caught A black bear going right across their front lawn, driveway and on my front lawn. I found the whole thing hilarious because my 2 dogs announce anything and everything for half a mile around. But they never saw the bear??? That woulda been cool. :)

I would freak out if I saw a bear wondering around .

• chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
    Paying bills on line .
    Shout-out to Zoom

Thank you for bringing my family closer during this pandemic through both awkward stares and talking out of turn.
  • Miz_Owl
    Paying bills on line .
    Shout-out to Zoom

Thank you for bringing my family closer during this pandemic through both awkward stares and talking out of turn.

Looks like the Brady bunch new about it before zoom .

096gv3096uk6.gif