I need accountability

Hello! I have started with MFP more times than I can count and I'm hoping I can stick with it this time around. I'm 39, 5'3 and 285 pounds so I have a lot of weight to lose. 😞

I recently challenged myself to move my body for at least 30 minutes everyday for 365 days and today I completed day 85. I'm really proud of the progress I've made there but the weight isn't coming off since I haven't been focusing on nutrition like I should.

I'd love to have some accountability buddies - feel free to add me

Replies

• PremGandhi
    PremGandhi Posts: 115 Member
    Hi ma'am, 85 days is good. you have some good consistency. That quality is very useful in weight loss goals haha. Please also focus on nutrition. In my opinion what you eat and how much you eat is more important than how much you move. For my case, my body's requirements are bout 1700 cal. I spend 1-1.5 hours to burn 400-550 calories. Now if I eat just one cookie or donut, those 400 calories I burned is compensated. If you don't keep track of what you eat you wouldn't even realize that these small things add up to a big number and all your hard work is pointless. I would say eat the right stuff - it helps a lot. Good luck!
  • misslizzierod
    misslizzierod Posts: 57 Member
    edited December 2020
    Hello there. Thanks for sharing. Personally, what works for me is not viewing the journey as a diet but more of a lifestyle. When I first start off, I don't get too strict or I become obsessed. I am prone to binge eating after long weeks of "eating clean" so I really focus on stopping that cycle.

Seems like you are at day 85 which as mentioned prior, is good consistency. Around this mark, I start getting stricter with my nutrition plan since my body is more prepared by then, maybe you can start off easy and get stricter as well as you go?

Also, I do have cheat days (not cheat meals) simply because I need days to just stop being so on the schedule and strict with my eating. I used to feel so guilty and it would end in me sabotaging my journey by binge eating for days. Now, I mentally prepare myself to not feel guilty on the days that I do splurge as long as I always go back to healthy choices. It's really helped.

Lastly, and most importantly, I don't check or even look at a scale!! Personally, lack of weight loss or proof of any weight gain even if water would be terrifying for me as well as discouraging. I haven't weighed myself since September but I can tell I've lost quiet some weight and everyone at works mentions it to me. I plan on weighing myself in a few months.

Anyway, this is what works for me, maybe it will work for you maybe not. Enjoy the journey and don't rush it. The important thing is you are trying. Nutrition is key!! Best of luck!
  • That is so so awesome. 85 days of moving is such a great job. I am now working from home and it has been hard for me to move around. But today is day 2 for me....lol Good luck and much sucess. I will add you as buddy. :smile:
  • redlinefitnessx
    redlinefitnessx Posts: 5 Member
    Fall in love with the process, not the goal. Enjoy the movement. Enjoy the knowledge that by passing up sugar-packed foods you are showing the discipline that few others can show. Think about what you will look like in 1, 5, 10 years and focus on eating and training like that version of yourself will be doing. I wish you all the best!
  • MoonlitMuse
    MoonlitMuse Posts: 88 Member
    Hey there! The fact that you've been so consistent is wonderful! Once you start being a little more mindful, I'm sure you'll start seeing some progress. I'm a registered dietitian and would love to help be your accountability partner. Any questions you have, I'd be happy to help with. Feel free to send a friend request if you'd like! Just remember that all of our bodies change at different rates, so even if you aren't seeing a change on the scale, making healthy choices is improving your body - just in ways you can't see (yet)