2020 weight has to get gone and bloody fast

DeeWalkz
DeeWalkz Posts: 12 Member
Hello MFPers,
Who has let themselves go and the fat is fighting back big time?
It's time for me anyway to get rid of these pounds, is anyone dien to stay accountable and shift some weight.
I'm in the UK so can work with people in Europe.
Hit be up, I'm ready for this mission.

Replies

• LDemi333
    LDemi333 Posts: 92 Member
    edited December 2020
    Hi DeeWalkz, I had a wake up call yesterday, something was said that I wasn't ready to hear. I need to get the weight off quickly. I'm looking at losing bloody fast too. Despite Christmas.
    Starting today. Still a bit upset at what was said.
    At 158 lbs this morning. Let me know your Wi day.
    L.
    Ps) 4 hour difference between - does it matter?
  • DeeWalkz
    DeeWalkz Posts: 12 Member
    Don't worry about the 4 hour difference at all. I haven't even been in the scales but I need to, I can't run away from them forever.
    I will do Fridays as WI day each week.
    I will message you to find out who we need to beat up, saying nonsense to you!
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    edited December 2020
    heybales speakes truth. Not knowing your definition of "fast" or how much you have to lose, what I can say is it will REALLY REALLY save you time, effort and frustration if you give thought to establishing an appropriate calorie goal at the start. Sure, everyone knows you want to avoid overeating to lose fat, but UNDEREATING has it's own pitfalls (there are many! ). It will not set you up for success (speaks from experience). The fastest way to reach your goal is having a reasonable, healthy approach that you can sustain and even enjoy for many weeks. Over restricting and feeling miserable, then crashing and binging and feeling guilty, then starting over is NOT the fastest way.

If you are looking at losing 20-50 lb, 1 lb per week is awesome progress. That translates to a 500 calorie daily deficit. More than that is asking for trouble.

You ladies have a wonderful energy and I wish you every success! :flowerforyou:
  • chantellmustoe
    chantellmustoe Posts: 14 Member
    Me too.x Would love to be friends. Im also in the UK. I have 50lbs to shift.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I put on 15 Lbs in 2020...taking it off, but will likely be May/June time frame to get it all off starting in January. I've been maintaining for about 2-3 months now, so I can easily do that through the holidays...I'm not going to try to diet during the holidays though, and my structured cycling program won't commence until after the new year as there is just too much going on these next couple of weeks.
  • LDemi333
    LDemi333 Posts: 92 Member
    Good morning all,
    Thank you haybales and Ahoy for your posts.

Chantal (what a lovely name) Cwolfman and Dee (thanks for starting this thread).........we can support each other in our goals however long they take and however you decide to lose the weight.
    I have WI'd this morning and I will post each Friday. Aiming at 7lbs down end of January.

18/12 - 157.8
    25/12 - absolutely no Wi on Christmas Day!

Best wishes to all - lets all try to eat mindfully so that there is less panic when we step on the scales
    for the New Year.
    L.