Smart Scale: Samsung Health Compatible

Options
Hello everyone! I am interested in buying a new scale. I would like to buy one of those scales that measures your whole body composition: body fat %, BMI, muscle mass, etc. I have searched several on Amazon but wanted some of y'all's opinions. I know these scales aren't always the most accurate, but I would like to get an idea of what is going on in my body, how what I eat and drink affects me, and I would love to be able to track it all on an app specific to the scale. The only catch is, I need it to be Samsung Health compatible. The issue I find on Amazon is that some scales will say they support Samsung Health, but the reviews will say it doesn't. Are there any "real" users out there who can suggest one to me? Thanks!

Replies

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Renpho..

0kq1mkdmeyq7.png
  • kristen5286
    kristen5286 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    lx1x wrote: »
    Renpho..

0kq1mkdmeyq7.png

I have that one in my cart. Do you like it?
  • lx1x
    Options
    Renpho..

0kq1mkdmeyq7.png

I have that one in my cart. Do you like it?

The scale works.. linked to fitbit... don't know about the accuracy on other data..

• lx1x
    Options
    Also quick Google.

https://brichblog.com/best-smart-scale-for-samsung-health/

Might want to read reviews though..
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,428 Member
    Options
    Just remember that many of the readings from electronic scales and handheld devices are not that accurate, particularly fat%, water%, muscle/bone mass etc.

I have the Renpho (use it on iOS, though) and am very pleased with it. Plus it’s actually an attractive scale, unlike those retro spring loaded suckers I grew up with.

What absolutely does blow me away is that it calculates my height down to a fraction of an inch. Spooooky. How does it know?!
  • kristen5286
    Options
    Also quick Google.

https://brichblog.com/best-smart-scale-for-samsung-health/

Might want to read reviews though..

Thank you so much!!
  • kristen5286
    Options
    Just remember that many of the readings from electronic scales and handheld devices are not that accurate, particularly fat%, water%, muscle/bone mass etc.

I have the Renpho (use it on iOS, though) and am very pleased with it. Plus it’s actually an attractive scale, unlike those retro spring loaded suckers I grew up with.

What absolutely does blow me away is that it calculates my height down to a fraction of an inch. Spooooky. How does it know?!

I go to a center that has one of those super cool and very expensive scales that determines all the fat, water, muscle mass etc and I thought it would be cool to use one at home to compare and see how accurate it is. I need a new scale anyway and these "in depth" ones are all reasonably priced so it's not like I'm shelling out hundreds for something that won't work. I am checking to see if the Renpho is compatible with SH because that one has soooo many amazing reviews. I didn't know that it calculates height! That is so cool! We can see if I'm really 5'4 like I think I am.