Motivation

Options
I've seen many people saying they need motivation to lose weight and/or exercise. IMO, for something to be motivating it has to have a powerful "why" much more powerful than fitting in a smaller pair of pants.

This video IMO shows a strong why:

https://youtu.be/REcZopXwOXo

Note: May produce tears

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,933 Member
    Options
    @AnnPT77 - I think you should repost your excellent post on motivation from the Women Over 50 group here :)

@Theoldguy1 - I've been avoiding this video because of your "may product tears" disclaimer, but finally watched it and am glad I did. That had a happy ending, but imagine if someone ignored "use it or lose it" as my OH's mother, who ended up in a nursing home, did.

Our future selves will thank us if we create healthy habits now.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,297 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    @AnnPT77 - I think you should repost your excellent post on motivation from the Women Over 50 group here :)

Um, thanks . . . but I'm not sure which one you mean, without doing a brute-force search? (I'm not being coy, my memory really is that bad. 😐 Feel free to quote it, if you like.)
    @Theoldguy1 - I've been avoiding this video because of your "may product tears" disclaimer, but finally watched it and am glad I did. That had a happy ending, but imagine if someone ignored "use it or lose it" as my OH's mother, who ended up in a nursing home, did.

100%. I wish my younger self had been smarter about that sort of thing. (Probably in another 15 years when I'm 80, if I get there, I'll wish my current self had been smarter, too, unfortunately . . . . )
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,463 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Dan John, one of my favorite fitness writers, is in his early 60's. His "why" is to dance with his granddaughter at her wedding. His granddaughter is a toddler so his why it to be dancing in his mid to late 80's.

Good goal.