I can't figure out what I can eat to shed

Options
I can't figure out what I can eat to shed

Replies

• williambarbara1
    williambarbara1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can't figure out what I can eat to shed. I don't understand this app. Need help
  • AndrewG0804
    AndrewG0804 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    you can eat anything... all that matters is CICO ( Calories In Calories Out)
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Essentially your body is a fuel burning machine. If you put too much in (eat) , and don't burn much (activity / energy output), you'll have fuel to spare... Which hangs out in the form of fat.

If you fuel less than your body is burning, it needs to look elsewhere to grab the energy. It pulls from fats and muscles.

The whole premise of calorie counting is to ensure that you eat less than you burn, putting you in a deficit, so that your body starts burning from those excess fuel stores.

A lot of people get really focused on the types of foods, clean vs not, carbs vs keto.. Etc.. And there may be a place for that... But at its simplest... Count your calories honestly (weigh and measure) and work at eating less than you are burning.

And honestly... If you don't weigh/measure your food... You should at least start. You'd be surprised how many calories can be underestimated by assuming you know what a portion size is.