Looking for friends for advice

Hello been here before but it was years ago haven't been to gym in awhile and going back looking for people for advice on healthy food ideas and workout routine to try

Replies

• cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,628 Member
    Hello! Under the food and nutrition message board, there are a TON of threads dealing with different food ideas. The blog area also has a lot of food ideas and recipes as well as an area for exercise ideas

Hope you find that helpful!!!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member
    edited December 2020
    If you subscribe to the MFP newsletter, they’ll email you recipes every week or so.

The Food and Nutrition threads have a lot of interesting ideas, and there’s a recipes board.

What has worked well for me is taking foods we already like, and adapting them.

A simple one is French fries in the air fryer. Simply slice potatoes into consistent sizes and dump them in the air fryer. You don’t even have to put oil on them. We’ve gotten to where we prefer those over the deep fried kind.

If you cook with oil, get a Mr Mister or similar sprayer. It’s a little hand pump oil sprayer you fill with the oil of your choice, pump a few times, and voila! You’re using a fraction of the oil you would otherwise.

Many foods can be dry “pan fried” in a good nonstick pan. I make stir fries and fajitas this way all the time. No oil required.

I make box brownie and cake mixes with kefir or Greek yogurt instead of oil and egg. They come out moist and rich. If that doesn’t appeal, simply substituting liquid egg whites for the egg will save you nearly 50 calories per egg called for in the recipe, and doesn’t affect taste.

Pizza? Use a low cal Lavash bread or even a tortilla in lieu of a crust. A good quality mozarella like Bella Giosa will give you more flavor for less quantity than regular shredded mozarella, and has a few less calories. I use chopped prosciutto in leiu of pepperoni for a fraction of the calories.

There’s all kinds of creative substitutes if you put your mind to it.

If you have any good ideas, be sure to share them!