Progress weight

Hi
Ive noticed my progress weight changes by itself. I have never inputed it. Is this the app working out what weight i am bywhat im eating. Thank you
Kate

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,738 Member
    edited December 2020
    MFP doesn't 'invent' your weight progress based on what you're eating.
    So if you're not giving MFP updates on your weight, perhaps it's getting this information from another source i.e. a linked account for a fitness tracker for example?
    I have a Garmin watch and I input my weight daily into the Garmin Connect app (never directly into MFP) and MFP automatically syncs the data.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Do you have a Bluetooth scale that’s linked to MFP, maybe through the Apple Health app?

That’s how mine works, anyway.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,286 Member
    That’s what I’m thinking, too.

MFP will give you the “if you eat this much you’ll weigh this much in five weeks” but that’s the only “automatic” thing it does. It’s more of a motivation technique, and can be frustratingly inaccurate since, obviously, your calories and exercise vary each day.

So the info has to be coming from somewhere.

I have a Renpho Bluetooth scale, with the app. The app reports directly to MFP /Apple Health, since I gave it permission to.

BTW these Bluetooth scales also claim to report your muscle mass, water percentage, visceral fat% and more. They are accurate with weight, but notoriously inaccurate at everything else.
  • bootz1ukuk
    bootz1ukuk Posts: 10 Member
    I chose not to use my own scales as i was getting to upset and fixated on them. I dont have an apple phone. Im just using my samsung galaxy health app for tracking my steps. Mapmy fitness for pilates or any other excersise and just this app for daily food. I just wondered if it just works it outbased on my input. It says everyday if i eat like this i will be under 12 stone so for example 11.10 in 5 weeks. But my weight never reflects it. Im to nervous to weigh agsin. So i dont have another bluetooth source.so im unsure
    I was just interested where it gets the weight from
    I also do my inches every 2 weeks. So if that dosent change im doing ok.
    Thank you.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,738 Member
    bootz1ukuk wrote: »
    I chose not to use my own scales as i was getting to upset and fixated on them. I dont have an apple phone. Im just using my samsung galaxy health app for tracking my steps. Mapmy fitness for pilates or any other excersise and just this app for daily food. I just wondered if it just works it outbased on my input. It says everyday if i eat like this i will be under 12 stone so for example 11.10 in 5 weeks. But my weight never reflects it. Im to nervous to weigh agsin. So i dont have another bluetooth source.so im unsure
    I was just interested where it gets the weight from
    I also do my inches every 2 weeks. So if that dosent change im doing ok.
    Thank you.

So your weight in MFP isn't changing (under Progress, for example), but you're talking about the 'prediction' you see when you close your diary? That prediction is just a gimmick, an unreliable calculation based on what your calorie deficit is that day (imagining it will be the same for the next 5 weeks) according to MFP and your current weight (or last known weight if there are no updates?) in MFP.
  • bootz1ukuk
    bootz1ukuk Posts: 10 Member
    Ok thank you. I get it now. If i dont input then it just does that random amount. Thank you all for your help. 👍