Finally got a walk in today

Options
I found I have a good place to walk. I am on a coastal road that goes uphill for about a mile, not sure, will have to drive it and make sure. But it was great and now it will be interesting to see if I start losing more inches. When I was cleaning houses even 2 times a week is when I lost the 4 inches and 4 lbs. Here's to all of us!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: PS Don't forget your water:laugh:

Replies

• stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Every single step that you take, that you wouldn't have taken other wise is a step towards a healthier and better you! Push yourself on your walking pace to go slightly faster than you normally walk and you'll burn a bunch more calories. An uncomfortable fast walk can burn more than a very slow jog actually.

Great job getting out there and doing it! Keep it up!

Steve
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Thanks Steve, I will push a little harder and hope my knee doesn't start giving me any trouble again. I was doing miles of walking over a year ago now and the left side of my knee is still numb(feels like just the skin)but the burning when I put any pressure on it is gone. I think it may have been the ilitobial band(splg??) Anyway, I am certain that happened because of a cheap pair of tennis shoes so I really keep an eye on my pair I have now, New Balance. To make sure if they are wearing out etc. Thank you again, Denise
    Every single step that you take, that you wouldn't have taken other wise is a step towards a healthier and better you! Push yourself on your walking pace to go slightly faster than you normally walk and you'll burn a bunch more calories. An uncomfortable fast walk can burn more than a very slow jog actually.

Great job getting out there and doing it! Keep it up!

Steve
  • myhrmiswrong
    myhrmiswrong Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Nothing beats a good walk, IMO! Except a good walk in a good pair of shoes on a brisk sunny day! Glad you found a good place to walk. Now get an HRM that you can use to check your heart rate and calories burned.
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Hi Rich, the HRM is a great idea but I have to wait a few weeks "paychecks" to get one. Do you know a good one that won't cost a bunch? Good to see you and wife;) Great photo:) Denise(and Marv since I share all with him to encourage him til I can get him online;)
    Nothing beats a good walk, IMO! Except a good walk in a good pair of shoes on a brisk sunny day! Glad you found a good place to walk. Now get an HRM that you can use to check your heart rate and calories burned.