LA Workout Partners

Hi!

Today I was disturbed by my lack of exercise, and my unhealthy eating habits. I have struggled with Limiting beliefs and just reached my threshhold!

Since I am in LA and I know that theres a lot of opportunities to workout is anyone looking for a workout partner?

We can motivate each other and workout and help each other train.

I like walking, running, hiking, biking, dancing, stretching, and basically I’m open to meeting up in different spots and keeping it interesting.

If you got that fire in you and you want to workout 3-6 days a week w a buddy system hit me up please!!

Fingers crossed that this will be fun and rewarding!

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Stick to your bubble a little longer, we’re still in a pandemic!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    Stick to your bubble a little longer, we’re still in a pandemic!

Right? I also can't imagine going onto a forum and asking for a workout buddy in L.A.

What could possibly go wrong? Be careful, SolsticeQueen.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,344 Member
    edited December 2020
    Someone suggested checking your gym or local group of any kinds Facebook for partners. NextDoor might be a good place to find someone. That way they are known to you, or at least a friend of a friend. I can guarantee you, with New Years coming up, you’ll find a passel of people seeking same.

Having developed a disturbing habit of listening to disturbing true crime podcasts while I work out, I’m disturbed at the thought of you soliciting a workout partner on an (sometimes disturbing) international forum.

BTW, we have a very wide biking path here. I see groups of two to five masked women (lol!) walking all the time, reasonably socially distanced.

I have some very good friends I met via a post someone put up on NextDoor wanting to form a bunco group. We’ve been together for four years now. Ostensibly bunco, mostly food and wine and chat, and I know another group formed around the same time, so it does work for finding folks with similar interests.
  • SolsticeQueen
    SolsticeQueen Posts: 3 Member
    Oh I didnt think about that!!

Ok ill try next door.

Thanks
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    I use Meetup for hiking. Not so much now, though, ‘cause COVID. And things are really, really bad here in SoCal.

All Trails is a good app for finding hiking trails. It’s not the buddy system you wanted, but maybe you could chat with family or friends on the phone while you hike. Two birds, one stone.