Hello

Options
I am new to this. Any tips so I can stop eating too many calories? I try really hard not to go over, but by the end of the day I have.

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Hihi! 👋🏿 Which foods are you noticing get you over your caloric goal?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Options
    Are you honestly logging what you are currently eating? Which foods do you notice are not working for you? Either they are too calorific, or don’t keep you full, or whatever. Start making some smart swaps of those foods for ones that serve you better.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    Experiment a bit. There’s camps here that swear that proteins are more filling, while others put their money (or calories) on carbs or fats to be more filling.

You have to run some trial balloons to see what works to keep you full.

For me, it’s proteins, but I also make sure to schedule in a lot of small snacks- a peice of fruit, a candy cane (surprisingly low calorie and long lasting if ya don’t bite!), a light smoothie, a bowl of Greek yogurt with some instant pudding mix whipped in.

Sometimes, your brain mistakes thirst or dehydration for hunger. Try having a glass of water and wait ten minutes to see if you’re still hungry.

Many users report that hot drinks stave off the munchies. I have a low cal chai latte that I make several times a day. The act of preparing it is soothing and automatically takes my mind off food, and it takes a while to drink.

Don’t expect weight to drop off immediately, or if you are one of the lucky few it does, don’t panic if it stops dropping off. People get frustrated and give up within a week or two. You’ve got to allow at least a month, minimum, to get in the habit and start recognizing what works for you.