yoyo dieter

Options
zaknjakesmum
zaknjakesmum Posts: 73 Member
edited December 2020 in Introduce Yourself
Hi from Canada! I'm Jennifer, I'm 49 (eek) and I have approx. 70-75 pounds to lose. I have been "fluffy" since my teens, a LONG time ago. lol! I've been on WW twice, keto once, I've tried Slim-Fast in my youth and I've been dieting as long as I can remember :neutral: I lost weight, sure, and gained it all back plus more. Every single time. I have had MS for 21 years, so exercising is harder for me. I do try to get out to walk the doggies (Boston Terriers - SO cute!) when the weather cooperates! I have a stationary bike I can use.
What makes this time different? I caught COVID early in November, and spent a time in hospital. It scared me a lot. My sugar numbers skyrocketed and I was having about 8 shots of insulin daily. I also had gestational diabetes with both my sons.
I have been logging 1500 calories per day. Most of the time do leave enough calories for some kind of snack. I started at 234 on Nov. 25, and was 216 this morning. I want to hit 200, that's my first mini goal. I'm trying to lose 2 pounds per week. I would love a diet partner (a woman) to help me be accountable.
Jennifer

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,473 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! Happy to hear you recovered. I know that was traumatic.

I’m not sure what a diet partner does but wanted to offer you good wishes. I’m just curious, and it might help other’s, what would you expect a diet partner to do?

Consider everyone on MFP to be your diet partner. 😜

Btw, 58, started at fairly similar weight to you, went from a 22W to a size 4. MFP works if you put the effort in.

Good job in your initial success. Stick at it!
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Awesome job so far! As posted above, it does work if you put in the time and effort.

I had covid back in feb/March, but my symptoms were practically non existent. I wasn’t even sure I had it until I completely lost my sense of smell (still never fully got it back 😐).

Don’t get discouraged if you have off days or weeks and don’t let one bad day (bad in the sense of too many calories) turn into a “bad” week or month. And if that happens sometimes, dust yourself off and get back on track.

I started at over 200 lbs (stopped weighing at about 205 so cant give an exact start weight but based on photos continued to go up first). Down to 170 currently with 35 more lbs to go. Also in my 40s. You’ve got this! 😊