Ashamed Mama looking for accountability buddies

Options
Hi.
I'm a 33 year old single mum from Central Scotland. I have successfully used MFP in the past to lose weight. I was about a third of the way to my goal having lost 3st and then I fell pregnant with my daughter. Unfortunately after that the weight piled back on plus extra. I became lazy and I'm now just shy of 20st. This has made me completely ashamed and my self confidence has taken a massive nose dive. I'm looking for accountability buddies and hopefully we can support each other on our healthy lifestyle journies.

Replies

• KellieLou412
    KellieLou412 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm from South Wales and have a little girl as well.. I lost 3 stone in the past, but it started creeping back, but when I fell pregnant I piled the weight back in and then some. Maintained it mostly since, but it's time to get back into shape now. Ultimately aiming for 4stone, but taking it 1 at a time x
  • nevergiveupgodlovesyou
    Options
    Hi I am 46 and from the United States. I was doing good with the weight lost until a domino of bad life events happened. I have two teenagers I need to be healthy for. I have gained 27 pounds. So I'm officially 248 lbs. That just makes me angry that I did that to myself. I'm looking for accountability partners too.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,473 Member
    Options
    Please don’t ever feel ashamed. For what? Birthing wonderful kids and getting so absorbed in loving and caring for them that you let your own self slide a bit?

So. Now you have decided to take yourself in hand.

Go in, enter your info, set a realistic goal and get down to work learning how to care for yourself as much as you care for your kids.

I hate to trot out the “if I can do this so can you” line, but this app is absolutely amazing IF you are willing to commit yourself to that goal you set.

My first goal was just to get under 200. I was so happy when I got there that it became easier and easier to reach other goals.

Reaching smaller goals on your way to a big one is satisfying. Consider setting yourself micro goals- a nice number like 225, walking a mile a day for a week, walking your first three mile walk, doing a yoga class
    I bought a dress in what seemed like an insanely small size and hung it in my closet where I had to move it to get to my “real” clothes. I talked to that damn dress every morning. By the time I finally tried to put it on, we were old friends.

Whatever mind game it takes to keep you IN the game.
  • smileybridget
    smileybridget Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m in very similar boat! I’d love to connect with another mom going through same stuff. Could we create accountability moms group?
  • creatingmallory
    creatingmallory Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mom of 4. Baby is almost 1 I’m ready to get back in shape. I need to lose about 60lbs and would love an accountability friend to check in with daily and kick butt together!

Started walking today and recording everything.

We got this!

Better health for us so we can take care of our children. ❤️❤️❤️