What’s the Best and The Worst Christmas Gift You’ve Received?

Options
olympos92
olympos92 Posts: 76 Member
It’s what the title says. What is the best and worst Christmas gift you have received?

For me,
Best gift: Travelling tickets and arrangements for HP Studios in London.
Worst gift: A child book that I’ve already had and re-read it multiple times. ( the worst thing about that for me was pretending that I liked it lol )

Replies

• AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Ever?

Worst: Underwear. A gift from my grandma. It was nice enough underwear and I know she neant well, but, the same Christmas she got my little sister a super pretty edition of Lord of the Rings. - I mean, come on! She knows we both love books more than clothes.

Best: My kindle. A gift from my partner. Still going strong years later. Had to replace the screen at some point, but worth it! It's one of my favourite things.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Best Ever: a year of internet service back in 2000 when I was in college and fairly broke (but living on my own and needed internet)
    Worst Ever: black leather driving gloves from my grandmother when I was 11 years old. My cousins who were 9 and 10 got doll beds. Looking back, it was because I was really different from my cousins (heavily into Cyndi Lauper and Pet Shop Boys, wearing lots of black clothes) but I was so upset at the time.

Best 2020: The slippers my 74 yr old dad picked out for me, because he's never really chosen anything wearable for me before and I actually like them.
    Worst 2020: an ugly scarf from my mom, but I returned it and used it on something I like (a wall shelf).
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    tams_89 wrote: »
    Best this cushion from my Mom 💖b0i2xxjb6flr.jpg
    Worst a bottle of prosecco, only because it gives me heartburn

Ooh I love that!

Where to order them now for next year?? :)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Best: my power rack (gift from the SO, who also assembled it)

Worst: a godawful glittery silver sleigh, I think maybe it was supposed to be a table centerpiece? Some sort of dollar store decor thing anyway.
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Tbh I wasn’t super thrilled with the vacuum I got this year even if we do need it. Just seems like a necessity for the house vs a gift for me BUT I have been lusting after that clothes steamer ever since the ex kept the last one I had. So best and worst this year but I still appreciate it.
  • Jennliftsandspins
    Jennliftsandspins Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Best: Sole SB900
    Worst: Nothing. Everything I got was great.
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    This year...
    best - pictures where my boys actually cooperated and posed together and smiled, taken/printed/framed by their dad and soon-to-be stepmom
    worst - probably my mom's interpretation of "I just want a plain, simple terrycloth bathrobe", which turned out to be "neon blue, floor length robe that's way too big around, feels like it's made out of that super fluffy craft fur stuff, and sheds piles of bright blue fuzz everywhere". I feel like Cookie Monster or something when I put it on. :D