Favorite Low Cal Recipes?

Options
So the search function is total BS so I am creating a thread (I know there are others but search wants to be a jerkhole for me)

What are your favorite dinner recipes that have normal, everyday ingredients? Links are awesome (easier to save on Pinterest lol)! Any WOE is fine, but for here lets skip any seafood as hubby hates it all and some of it will literally kill me ;)

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Baked chicken thighs, baked potato, broccoli and butter fills me up for 400-500 calories, depending on how much potato I have and the amount of butter I use.

Chicken can be baked as is but I flour 4 thighs with 1/4 C ground Pepperidge Farms bread crumbs, 2 T flour, 2 T
    Parmesan, 1/2 t Italian seasoning, and 1/4 t black pepper.

Bake the chicken for an hour at 350 degrees. If the potatoes are large give them a 15 minute head start.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,427 Member
    Options
    Chicken or pork tenderloin, cut into medallions and grilled in the air fryer for 10-12 minutes.

Either pat them down with a dry rub of any kind before grilling, or hit them with a tablespoon of BBQ sauce, Kroger Thai Peanut sauce, or other tasty low calorie sauce after grilling.

Throw in a handful of broccoli about three minutes before they’re done.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Probably our lowest calorie dinner is Boca burgers (or fish burgers) on slim buns with avocado served with some kinda veggie. That is about 300 calories.
  • Coupongrl79
    Coupongrl79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I made turkey cauliflower rice soup today and was shocked at how good it tasted. Low calorie, low carb, high protein, fast, easy and cheap.

https://youtu.be/6AAov8E8k3s

I’ve actually tried several of her recipes. She used ground chicken a lot. I had never tried it before and now I use it more than other proteins.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I made turkey cauliflower rice soup today and was shocked at how good it tasted. Low calorie, low carb, high protein, fast, easy and cheap.

https://youtu.be/6AAov8E8k3s

I’ve actually tried several of her recipes. She used ground chicken a lot. I had never tried it before and now I use it more than other proteins.

we have a farm and process our own chickens. don't really grind chicken meat up very often. never really thought about it, aside from the random recipe where its required!