January 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,094 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile Glad you have figured out how to "hold it." I haven't gotten there yet. My mom like to say I have to pee at every tree. LOL Good idea to check out the courses first. Glad there were no marriage altering arguments this time around. :lol: Stanky creek sounds intense. If I were you, I would at least pause my watch at the intersections. Great pictures.

@Avidkeo At least you found the silver lining to eating too much. You're doing great!

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    The moon was absolutely beautiful this morning. I headed out around 6:30 for a little over five miles. Temp was 19F but no wind and clear skies.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Try finding a spot to pee in the desert 🤣

You can't "hide" behind anything.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    WOW @katharmonic ! You did great to hang in there for 9 miles, especially having past your car a couple of times! Love the song lyrics and picture too! Burr! So cold!

@Teresa502 You are a beast too. I almost didn't walk outside this afternoon when it was 35°F!

Hahaha @RunsOnEspresso ! Wondering if any of you ladies have tried a Female Urinary Device? I've thought about getting one, since I have to pee so much.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic, I can't comprehend that level of cold, let alone running in it. I've never run in snow or subzero temperatures. I am in awe. I moan when it's below 10˚C. I also moan when it gets above 25˚C - we temperate climate runners are such wusses!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic, I can't comprehend that level of cold, let alone running in it. I've never run in snow or subzero temperatures. I am in awe. I moan when it's below 10˚C. I also moan when it gets above 25˚C - we temperate climate runners are such wusses!

Lol im good down to about 4˚C and hate anything above about 16˚C bahaha. Definitely prefer cooler runs.

Though New Plymouth doesn't get anywhere near as humid at Auckland. That's like running through soup
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Scott6255 Sorry your plumbing issues aren't resolved yet and that work is overwhelming. You are doing great, getting out to run despite all of that. Hope things calm down soon!

You are doing great @Avidkeo ! You are going to crush that HM! Thanks for setting up the Feb challenge!

@marisap2010 I haven't been able to get to sleep at a decent hour recently either. So, I feel your pain. Hope you get in a nap and a run this afternoon.

@eleanorhawkins Glad you were able to find something to make you laugh at the end of your run. You did great to hang in there. Sorry about family drama.

@Tramboman 11.9 degrees. You do this just to see who is actually reading it, don't you? :lol: You did great getting out in those temps.

Nice running @katharmonic ! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures from your hike and getting a review of the FUD. Have fun!

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,019 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile I used to always try to tough it out, but now I will definitely swap run/rest days for better weather.

@katharmonic You are a beast! I feel kind of bad for wimping out at 28°. But to be fair,  I don't think I have ever experienced temps under maybe 14°.

@Teresa502 I love those mornings when the moon is full and bright.

@Runsonesspresso And if you do see something to hide behind you probably don't want to get too close to it.

@quilteryoyo You are a beast too. I probably would have wimped out of walking at 35°. It's easier for me to run in the cold  than to walk in it. Plus you did just have surgery.

@Scott6255 Sorry that work is still overwhelming and the plumbing issues are still ongoing. Great job on getting out for your run and exceeding your goal.

Thanks for setting us up @Avidkeo. I'll have to think about my goal.

Great run @polskagirl01! Way to preserve your streak! It sounds like you are settling into the new place.