On a long run in the heat do you pause your watch when

Options
If you're on a long run in the blazing heat n humidity & you have to stop n spray down with a random water hose to cool down do you pause your watch while you take the shower?

I just let it keep running but wondered what others do.

My run was 5 miles in 100F heat index weather. had to stop @ about the 4 mile point & hose down.

Replies

• sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I never stop to hose down, but on my long, hot runs I will stop at a water fountain to refill my water bottle and I don't stop my watch. I do stop my watch when I go to the bathroom.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    My Garmin has Auto Pause enabled. When I stop moving, it stops recording.
  • eaglefish
    eaglefish Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Mine is the 110. IDK if it has autopause.. I may look into that setting.
  • rob021880
    Options
    my Polar doesn't have that neat auto-pause, although I it did, but I always pause my watch if I have to stop.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I don't pause my gps for any stops, hosing down, refilling water, going to the bathroom, giving the child snacks and electronics if I happen to be out with the stroller. I just tell myself "well, in my next race as long as a kid doesn't come out of the stands and ask me to show her how to use the new curious george app, I'll run faster than I did today."
  • wolfgate
    wolfgate Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'll pause mine if I stop at a fountain, tie my shoe, anything short like that. In the end I believe I get a more accurate reading of pace for that day. Just don't think the short time stopped speeds up the rest of the run significantly.