Confused about what to put my activity level as

Options
gpanda103
gpanda103 Posts: 189 Member
Hello, I weight lift 3 times a week for about 45 mins every session. On top of that, I work 4-5 days a week and average about 10k steps each shift. I have my fitness level as lightly active, does this seem reasonable?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    The MFP activity level has nothing to do with exercise, but only daily life.
    When you do the exercise then it counts and the figures are adjusted for that day and new level of activity.

Other sites are only about exercise so you better do it or you won't lose weight. They don't even factor in differences in daily life.

For that much work activity, and even if that includes the home time in evening and weekends - that would easily be Active if not Very Active.

Manually create your Strength Training from the database when you do it.
    It's not a lot of calorie burn compared to say cardio - but that is true.

What are you getting step counts from?

Welcome to MFP.
    Despite it doing it differently than other sites - the attempt at teaching weight management skills (you do more you can eat more, you do less you better eat less) should strike as making sense.
    In a diet you eat a little less in either case.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I set my activity level as "stationary" or "low" and then on days when I DO get in a lot of lifting or steps at work, I add it as "exercise."
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Hello, I weight lift 3 times a week for about 45 mins every session.
    Irrelevant for your activity level. Exercise is separate entity from the activity level and added after the event.

I work 4-5 days a week and average about 10k steps each shift. I have my fitness activity level as lightly active, does this seem reasonable?
    It sounds too low based on the limited information given.
    All your other daily/weekly activity outside of your job also adds to your total weekly activity. If you sit around when not working you would probably still be best to choose Active, if you are on the move outside of work then go for Very Active.