Day 1

I’m here to loose weight for my health. I’ve got borderline high blood pressure and a fatty liver and I’m not even 40. I e got to get things under control if I want to live a longer life. Add me as a friend and we can do this together!

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,956 Member
    I’m here to loose weight for my health. I’ve got borderline high blood pressure and a fatty liver and I’m not even 40. I e got to get things under control if I want to live a longer life. Add me as a friend and we can do this together!

Welcome to MFP: You came to the right place.

I have to admit, I'm kind of a pathetic MFP friend (more of a Community forum gal), but wanted to stop by to offer some words of encouragement. For me, weight loss took care of my high blood pressure, and getting active and losing weight, taken together, were a huge quality of life improvement.

I didn't get active until my mid-40s (after cancer treatment), didn't lose my obese weight until my late 50s, but both were achievable and very worthwhile/beneficial (I'm now 65, pretty active, pretty healthy 🙂.) You're not too old - never too old - to take advantage of that sort of thing. I wish I'd started earlier. Your future self will thank you!

Best wishes for much success!