Tight muscles on one side

Options
Very tight hip, glute, quad for the past 2 days. All that darn sitting during the holiday.

How to recover and can I train just the other side or skip legs?

Replies

• Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Throw on some YouRube yoga with Adriene targeting those areas and follow along. A couple of times a day for a couple of days usually sorts me out.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    alexmose2 wrote: »
    Very tight hip, glute, quad for the past 2 days. All that darn sitting during the holiday.

How to recover and can I train just the other side or skip legs?

I wouldn't over think it.

You state you believe you are experiencing the sensation of feeling "tight" from lack of moving. So I wouldn't suggest to skip legs in this case or honestly in 99% of the posts that don't involve trama or a specific history.

You didn't state what your training, programming, or history is.

So my default advice is to not concern yourself specifically with a sensation or feeling but to train with a recipe of intensity, volume, and ROM that is challenging but doesn't feel worse.

Chances are more than likely you will feel better after training then before.

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,563 Member
    Options
    I'm with chief. (heck... If chief says it, it's pretty much guaranteed to be right in my book)

I'd say get up and move around. Do some light warm ups, stretch it out, and get back to work.

Unless it's painful or injury related.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options
    I had this same thing a few days ago. What helped me was targeted massage. I laid on the floor and used a tennis ball under the glute and really put my weight on it in the place it hurt. I also did similar up my spine as it was feeling like it was being affected as well. Then I found a Bob and Brad video on YouTube for tight glutes (they're physical therapists) and did their suggested stretching. The next day it was gone. :)
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Yoga and stretching is a check!! Also I happen to be seeing a physical therapist currently and I had her dry needle my butt 😉
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Has anyone mentioned rolling yet? It really helps with that region.