The Last 2 Days of 2020

Options
chuckle_bunny
chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
Some people like to end the year with a bang (e.g. Oreo milkshakes and Polaroids at an Airbnb), while others prefer sitting in a dark room with candles to reset their massive egos.

Is there anything you want to get done these last few days of 2020?

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Well, not much banging here. But I do need to spend the next few days un-dusting this house and rearranging it; after days of sanding, cutting, nail-pounding, painting, just general construction type stuff, our bathroom will be done today(except for the blasted window which is taking forever to come in but evidently that's the way of the world ATM) AND I can return to being the busy little beaver(yeh right) that I am and finally clean up around this joint.

Phew love run-on sentences :(

Wishing you all a Happy and HEALTHY New Year!!! Mentally and physically <3
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I am finishing up my doctoral thesis, sending it off tomorrow night, then I shall lay down and sleep for approximately 5 working days.

Wow, impressive!!!

Off to file my fingernails now. :blush:
  • The_Elephant_Man
    The_Elephant_Man Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I am finishing up my doctoral thesis, sending it off tomorrow night, then I shall lay down and sleep for approximately 5 working days.

Wow, impressive!!!

Off to file my fingernails now. :blush:

@ReenieHJ After you file them, don't forget to paint them.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Not really. The things I want to do and want to care about aren't really day/year/calendar-dependent. Chores are chores and responsibilities are responsibilities regardless of the date.
  • LGreenfield7
    LGreenfield7 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Well, not much banging here. But I do need to spend the next few days un-dusting this house and rearranging it; after days of sanding, cutting, nail-pounding, painting, just general construction type stuff, our bathroom will be done today(except for the blasted window which is taking forever to come in but evidently that's the way of the world ATM) AND I can return to being the busy little beaver(yeh right) that I am and finally clean up around this joint.

Phew love run-on sentences :(

Wishing you all a Happy and HEALTHY New Year!!! Mentally and physically <3

Hey, I know exactly how you feel :p My girlfriend and i just guttet our place and are in crunch mode with the hopes of having a floor and walls for the new year :p

I hope that your renos turned out okay.

Happy new year.
  • chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Is there gonna be a Ryan Seacrest's New Year's Rockin' Eve this year? 🤔
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    No bang to end the year around here...hasn't been for a long time. We'll watch the ball drop on TV midnight eastern which will be 10:00PM here and then shortly after, off to bed as usual. Looks like my wife bought a pomegranate which means we'll likely have some with champagne tomorrow evening, but that's about it. My sister and her husband are coming over new years day for dinner, along with my mom...nothing fancy, just ordering family take-out enchiladas from one of the local NM restaurants.

On that note, I don't know if it's some kind of covid take out special or they always had these...but I can get a tray of enchiladas with a pint of rice and pint of beans and chips and a half pint of salsa to take away for around $25...it easily feeds 4-6 and it's the exact same stuff you eat in the restaurant...but if you eat at the restaurant, an enchilada plate with three rolled enchiladas and rice and beans is about $16...I haven't figured out yet how they can seemingly provide so much more food for carry out at a lesser price than dining in...and can justify the cost for dining in. NM food is good...but it's also simple and ingredients aren't particularly pricey or exotic...I make enchiladas at home often, and it costs pennies...

Don't mind at all spending on the family trays...lots of enchiladas and it saves me from doing a good bit of work...but when I go in and it's $16 for a plate...well...it's ultimately corn tortillas, some chicken or beef and red or green chile and some rice and beans...