Ready, set, ignition.

Options
Having been a professional personal trainer prior to July 2016 i suffered a burnout and ended up 45kg overweight in the 4 year timespan that followed. Everytime i wanted to start something caused me to fail miserably. Needless to say my most recent attempt prior to my current one was just when corona struck our country.

Over the last few years i woke up in the mornings feeling my joints complain and struggling to get myself off a chair physically and mentally.

In the last few months i started to struggle with the thoughts that there's a lot of things that i want to do but just cant do right now and last week it finally wore me down.

I was sick of myself knowing that im better than the person i am right now and found the spark inside which forced myself to get a fitter life since everything around us with COVID is hard enough as is.

This week i decided there aren't things i cant do. Only things i cant do yet. I'm back on a diet, made goals and found renewed motivation to get back in shape to do all the things i want to do in life before im old and gray. Again logging my food diary everyday and working out as much as i feel my body is able to handle right now.

Stay strong all, believe in yourself. I just rediscovered myself this week, the spark which ignited the fire inside me which i'm going to keep up from this day forward and so can you!

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you leveled up to a new tier of resiliency. Life will always "start something" but whether or not it causes you to "fail miserably" is mainly due to personal choice (insert some quote from some 16th-century philosopher...or perhaps a 20-year-old life coach with a trust fund).

So glad you're sharing here and fetchingly revved up now!

Can't wait to see what else you have in store @RonRoff