Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hi Everyone

Hi 🙋‍♀️ haven’t been on for years. I need to shed 8lb but find this so difficult ☹️

Replies

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Hi 🙋‍♀️ haven’t been on for years. I need to shed 8lb but find this so difficult ☹️

Hello @donnaeroberts and welcome back to MyFitnessPal!

The best way to get started is probably to focus on logging your food and since you don't have much weight you want to loose, the accuracy of this will matter a lot.

Check out this discussion on logging accurately:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10012907/logging-accuracy-consistency-and-youre-probably-eating-more-than-you-think/p1

Tell us more about what the difficult parts of losing weight are for you?
  • Drex_617
    Drex_617 Posts: 153 Member

Hey there, beautiful picture :)
    The best advice is just to do today, set a goal for today and kill it. Then tomorrow set a goal for that day and kill it. Stack the days you and you’ll get there.. 💪🏼
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,270 Member
    Eight pounds is very close to goal, and the closer to goal, the slower and more frustrating loss can be.

Set a reasonable loss goal. Don’t set an aggressive goal like a pound or two per week. That can be pretty brutal and lead to failure.

You want this to be something enjoyable and sustainable because you don’t want to hit your goal, holler “whoopee!!!” and go back
    to old habits.