23 pound weight gain

Options
Hi everyone, here I am again. 5 years ago I lost 50 lb and was able to keep the weight off. 2020 has been nothing but a shitshow for me. On August 4th I was diagnosed with breast cancer and in the middle of treatment my oldest son died on November 5th. I've done a lot of emotional and stress eating and have gained 23 lbs. I'm actually quite mad at myself about it. I really need to get this weight off I need all the support I can get, please add me.
Thank you and many blessings and much love to all of you.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Wow, with all that stress, a little weight gain is understandable. My condolences about your son, and I hope the cancer treatments are successful.

Take care of yourself. Make small, sustainable changes that aren’t too stressful on you. You don’t need more stress, for Pete’s sake!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,293 Member
    Options
    Virtual hugs! Having been through a breast cancer diagnosis and treatment course myself, I know how disruptive that can be; I can't even imagine dealing with the death of your son in the midst of that. Please, please don't be down on yourself about things that happened while grappling with that. We do the best we can.

You're right, though, it reaches a point where it's good to make a new plan and commit to it. Quiksylver's right: Keep it manageable, make steady progress.

Wishing you much success, and a brigher 2021!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,517 Member
    Options
    Hugs, honey. Serious, warmest hugs.