DietBet

Anyone starting a transformation DietBet and want to stay connected?

Replies

• rocktherun
    rocktherun Posts: 3 Member
    I hadn’t realized the post was flagged. Just thought if someone started one like I just did we could hold one another accountable to stay on track for 10% in six months (I’m also doing the 4% in 6 weeks flex one). The pandemic has been murder on my waistline.
    Here’s to 2021!
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    There is Diet Bet and Healthy Wage. Check them out and see if one works for you. I did Healthy Wage last year, was on course to win my Wage and then Covid lockdown hit, and I got lazy. Did not win my bet. BUT I did get things going in the right direction a few months later, and now I'm at maintenance.

For some it is a great motivation. Just check out the terms/rules - make sure they fit you.

Diet Bet has a sister app: Step Bet. Link a tracker and join 6 week challenges (some may be shorter or longer now, it has been a while since I did one) and meet step goals to win a share of the pot.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Just a warning to other users. Some users have reported gyms selling them expensive programs that are “free” if you lose a certain amount of weight in a designated periods.

Those type of diet bets are unhealthy, risky, and specifically set up for failure. They wants to keep your money, honey.

Absolutely—we’ve definitely seen examples of that here. And the Diet Bet she’s talking about is online and not affiliated with any products or gyms. I continued to use MFP and my Garmin during my bet.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    rocktherun wrote: »
    I hadn’t realized the post was flagged. Just thought if someone started one like I just did we could hold one another accountable to stay on track for 10% in six months (I’m also doing the 4% in 6 weeks flex one). The pandemic has been murder on my waistline.
    Here’s to 2021!

Someone(s) probably thought you were here just to advertise for DietBet, maybe doesn't know what it is. It's kind of common to see posts around here from people with only one or two past posts, that talk about some product or service, when the post was really just an attempt at advertising. (Sometimes they're clearly posts by bots, not even real people.) I know that's not where you're coming from, but someone may've thought that. Don't worry about it.