For Wednesday

-Work out for 40 minutes: Nope. Making excuses
    -1999 calories: 1928 16 days down.

For Thursday

-Work out for 10 minutes:
    -1999 calories:

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    Well, I disappeared again! Dang! I don't know why when I was working I found time to hop on and read posts, comment and post my own goals every day and now that I'm not working I don't seem to find the time! I need it now more than ever, but I just rarely find "computer time" anymore. I have decided that this is the start of my New Year, versus traditional January 1. It's one year since I got sent home from work due to Covid. One year of sitting and worrying, stressing about my job, money, health, my kids, getting my mom relocated, etc. One year of eating my feelings. Done. Time to stand up, brush off my knees, straighten my shoulders and move forward.

Tracie ... I SO wish we lived closer together. I feel we are so much alike, in so many ways... and I think we would be great friends ;) We already are online friends!

I SO understand the time it takes to get used to not being around work friends. I worked many years for a publishing company. When another company bought the company I worked for, and announced cuts .. mine was one of the jobs where they eliminated the entire department. All the friends that I had all took other jobs, and it was so depressing. I know I cried for days .. at that time I was not even 60, and knew I had to find work. I was fortunate to find another job within this new "company", and while I knew people there, they were not my good friends. So you are not alone in feeling lost, feeling like your friends are gone. But they don't have to be gone. I am still friends with many of the former people I work with. One lady I have known since 1988 .. we meet once a month (well, until covid). So I hope some of those friends you can still stay in touch. Many of the friends I made though were just "work " friends .. and that I did miss, which I'm sure is also very hard for you.

It does take me awhile to adjust, and I know you will adjust to. I think summer and spring weather will also help you... things to do outside, SUNSHINE, longer days. Do you have neighbors to dog walk together? That is where I have my social time now. Covid does not help though .. and you had both at the same time.

But we all miss you... and we are so happy to see you back! We are all your friends... online friends .. but gosh, it has been 5 years since I "met" you!

So please keep posting. This thread is so much more than just a weight loss thread ... Hugs dear friend <3<3
  • mytime6630
    edited March 2021

Looking for my goals for wednesday .. and realized I did not make them!! Last nite I went to the grocery store.. and ended up buying, and eating, a large Snickers Ice Cream bar. But ... the NSV is that I only bought ONE. I did NOT buy a box of ice cream because I knew I would eat the entire box. My weight is slowing coming down, but more important, I feel more in control over food. I am trying to change up my nite time routine, and that is helping me with the snacking.

I lost track of my water days and my nite time eating days... so just going to do a day at a time.

Today I had 5 cubic yards of compost delivered! They dumped it on our driveway at 9am .. and I started immediately, since tomorrow is another rainy day. I worked from 9 am until 5:15 pm!! But .. I finished it!! I don't know if I topped @Bex steps for today... but it was a lot of trips back and forth to the back yard, dumping it on my 9 flower beds! Yes... 9 flower beds! I am crazy! But this year I added 2 more flower beds to make room for all the little flower seedlings I have started. Doing this kind of work makes me so happy.. I could be in the yard all day long. I have "visions" of how beautiful the flower will look... and then reality hits me that the deer will probably chew off most that I plant. But .. I am going to continue to dream and keep my visions!

I also want to supply a link to the NOBS weight loss podcasts that I believe @PackerFanInGB is doing. This week, they are giving a 1 week challenge. It is free, and you can listen to her podcasts (which many are also free). She is SO good. She makes SO much sense. At first I did not care for her language... she uses a lot of BS language. But if you listen to her messages... it is so motivating, yet simple. But for this week only, you can join her FB group for free, and for added motivation.

Todays message was not about giving up all snacks. .but more about "stopping" when you are full. Like when eating chips out of a bag.. instead of saying you are totally going cold turkey and not going to eat chips... tell yourself you will stop when you are full. Even if it means just leaving 1 chip in the bag. That way it tricks your brain into telling you that, yes, you can do this. You can control your food.

Her message was not to let food control us. . but for US to be in control over food.

I am keeping my goals very simple (following what @welling is doing). It is working for me .. just 2 simple goals, both which I need to work on. (well 3 ... taking time to listen to at least 1 podcast if I can).

www.phit.click/challenge
    (you do have to give email address though)

JFt, Thursday
    1. no nite time snacking. Do whatever I can to distract myself for 10 minutes. Brush teeth, take a walk, go downstairs, get on social media or on here. I have to be careful today, because I am tired. And when I am tired I tend to want to eat more.
    2. concentrate on 8+ cups water
    3. listen to podcasts if time [/quote]

• mytime6630
    Bex953172 wrote: »

I wrote a letter from the tooth fairy saying to keep it safe and she'll return when lock downs over.
    My fairy handwriting sucks though.. Its only a matter of time before she figures it out lol!

This is so sweet Bex .. a letter from the tooth fairy. I bet she saves that letter .. it will mean more to her than any money!
  • mytime6630
    So I did walk Casey to nursery today, never again though

Total steps today: 17,049
    Think I can safely say I've done enough exercise for one day lol

Thats a lot of steps Bex!!!!!
  • mytime6630
    WellingTX wrote: »
    For Wednesday

-1999 calories: 1928 16 days down.

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Just want to say how much I appreciate the support of this group. When people have wins we celebrate and when people struggle we support them and cheer them on. It's just wonderful to see every day, especially for those of us who may not have people in our lives to do so. Keep being amazing my team!

JFT Wednesday:
    80 oz water ✅
    stay in the green ✅
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups ✅
    30 minutes exercise ✅
    screens off 8:30 ✅
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT ✅

JFT Thursday:
    80 oz water
    stay in the green
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups
    30 minutes exercise
    screens off 8:30
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT

@sarah74_vt you had a GREAT day yesterday! Nice work!
    @beachwalker99 Definitely cause for the fancy dishes!!
    @CupcakeCrusoe As I’m learning to run (just doing walk/jog intervals now) everything I read says go slow and don’t overstride. Thanks for the reminder!
    @Bex953172 Holy cow I would be down for the count if I walked that much in a day!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,049 Member
    roz0810 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

Name: Roz/Rozeena
    5'8"
    27 yrs old

Hope its OK to jump in here ☺️ I've recently started getting back on track and would love to join in here. So far down 3.4lbs in 1 week.

Today's goals.
    Walk 30 minutes
    Stay within calories goal
    Drink 2L of water

Have a great day everyone.

Hey youre a similar age to me :) I just turned 29.
    Well done on your loss so far! How many you aiming to lose in total?
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,932 Member

🍀🐛🌷🦆🐥🐤🐸🐤🐥🦆🌷🐛🍀
    🐛🌷🦆🐥🐤 MARCH 🐤🐥🦆🌷🐛
    🍀🐛🌷🦆🐥🐤🐸🐥🐤🦆🌷🐛🍀

🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9⏬

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    • 14 Feb: 144.0
    • Total weight loss: 83 ⏫
    March Daily Goals: Week: 4
    Mon: ✅ Tue: ✅ Wed: ✅ Thu: Fri: Sat: Sun:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: ✅ 3/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green ✅ 3/7
    5. Steps > 8000 ✅ 3/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 3/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 3/7
    🌷Positive intentions for Wed 24 March:
    • Meditation 🎉
    • Weigh/post weight 🎉
    • wrist exercises 🎉
    • Laundry - put away 🎉
    • Weekly grocery shopping 🎉
    • Outdoor walk 🎉
    • Daily Chores 🎉
    • Puzzles: 🎉 Watch TV: 🎉
    • Zoom meeting: Slow trains to Venice 🎉
    • Keep up to date with email 🎉
    • Daily goals update🎉

Feb/March DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb:💧💧💧💧💧
    March:
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧💧💧
    NLNS (7 March —->)
    LNS: 1
    Me: 17

Terri 🦄
  • TerriRichardson112
    @Bex953172
    😍 Tooth Fairy letter
    @mytime6630
    👍🏻 Brava!!! on moving all that compost.
    A busy 🧑‍🌾 is a happy bunny

@roz0810
    Always happy to welcome a new face. Well done on the positive start.
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    roz0810 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

Name: Roz/Rozeena
    5'8"
    27 yrs old

Hope its OK to jump in here ☺️ I've recently started getting back on track and would love to join in here. So far down 3.4lbs in 1 week.

Today's goals.
    Walk 30 minutes
    Stay within calories goal
    Drink 2L of water

Have a great day everyone.

Hey youre a similar age to me :) I just turned 29.
    Well done on your loss so far! How many you aiming to lose in total?

Thank you very much ❤️ I previously lost 42+lbs and over the years gained it back, then gained another 50lbs or so from lockdown and medication so I'm aiming to get rid of about 90lbs! How about you?
  • TerriRichardson112
    ukz3dplcs48k.jpeg
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    @TerriRichardson112 Thanks for the welcome ❤️ Glad to be here
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,351 Member

JFT:
    ✅ go running
    ✅ survive having both kids by myself this afternoon
    ✅ at least 95g protein
    ✅ finish a headband I'm knitting and block it
    - call my friend back already
    ✅ water the plants
    - clear and finish another raised bed

I ate a whole lot yesterday. Oops. And a lot of it was high salt. Double oops.

JFT:
    -at least 95 g protein
    -play sea of thieves with friends
    -7k steps
    -drink a lot of water
    -clear and finish another raised bed
    -at least text my friend back already
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    @roz0810 welcome to the group.

@PackerFanInGB You've had a lot of changes in the last 12 months and they will take time to adjust to. Covid has been an extra unwanted complication but hopefully there is light at the end of that tunnel and you can begin to plan for greater freedom 😊. I voluntarily left work almost 2 years ago and there was still a sense of loss. The last 12 months have ensured that I fully appreciated the benefits of not being in my old job (no work related stress and I know it would have been extreme) and the time to spend with my mum at the end of her life. You’re ready to take the next step in your life 😊
  • ZizzyBumble
    Wednesday 24 March

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬆️ 😡 pretty sure that this is the result of very salty smoked haddock!

• ZizzyBumble
    Thursday 25 March

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬇️ It was the very salty smoked haddock!

Knitting: cast off first sleeve, complete back and cast on front. It’s a lacy knit in cotton and I want to finish it ready for the warm weather I’m dreaming of! Today it’s cold and wet!