Like. Don't. Like.

Options
KickassAmazon76
KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,554 Member
Ever hear of the sandwich method, where you acknowledge an issue but wrap it with positivity?

So often it's easy to dislike or complain about stuff we don't like about ourselves, but forget to remember the good.

What is something you like about yourself?
What is something you dislike or want to change?
What is one more thing you like about yourself?

Replies

• vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Like- eye colour and lips

Dislike- how my curls only start from mid shaft to ends- because of that I get no volume at the roots

Like- my arch...ah Idk how to describe it
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Like: My drive to do better, to try again, to not give up.

Dislike: The accompanying inner critic who notices every darn thing that's wrong with me.

Like: That I am a natural early riser.
  • CaramonM
    CaramonM Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Like: Creative

Dislike: Lazy

Like: Efficient
  • chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Like- eye colour and lips

Dislike- how my curls only start from mid shaft to ends- because of that I get no volume at the roots

Like- my arch...ah Idk how to describe it
    With pictures of course
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    CaramonM wrote: »

Lazy and efficient go well together, though. Do things the most efficient way and you don't have to work as hard as otherwise.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

Lazy and efficient go well together, though. Do things the most efficient way and you don't have to work as hard as otherwise.

And if you're creative, then you find unique and efficient ways to be lazy and voila! Happiness.
  • yasminekassis613
    yasminekassis613 Posts: 268 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Like: My drive to do better, to try again, to not give up.

Dislike: The accompanying inner critic who notices every darn thing that's wrong with me.

Like: That I am a natural early riser.

This 🙌 Basically describing me.
  • CaramonM
    Options

They often do, although I do see my tendency to be lazy and procrastinate as negative character traits. Like, putting off getting in shape doesn't really lend itself to creative avenues to be efficient. At some point, for me now...I just have to deal with it head on.

It's helped me before with technical pursuits, though. Like, if something is so routine and laborious I will feel lazy and want to see if I can figure out how to create a tool to help.

I have plenty of other negative character traits as well, but I do feel happy about my creativity with visual arts and music to a degree. I find myself working on those areas when I'm feeling anxious or down, too...at least there's an area or two where I can feel competent when other things are in disarray.
  • CaramonM
    Options
    Like: I am empathetic. Crazy so, and as a result often give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

Don't like: I am very hard on myself. It's like all the empathy I give to others leaves no room for me.

Like: I am driven to push forward.

Being empathetic is a wonderful trait, imo. As the way I see things, we are basically one another just in different shoes and on a different path. It may lead to your being taken advantage of from time to time, but it's better for being connected which is just a better way to live I think. People get burned in life and it often burns off their empathy.

Happy New Year!
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I like my lips
    I dislike my self doubt
    I like my sense of wonder
  • FatToFitChaser
    FatToFitChaser Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Like : That I have a heart that can be kind at times , believes in sharing at times
    Hate : My body and the that I am not always focused, procrastinating about things I know deep down I should but I don't always
    One more thing I like: can't think more unfortunately
  • elmusho1989
    elmusho1989 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Like my kind heart

Would like to change how I rush and stress myself out and just slow down and relax while getting stuff done (to the same end but better.)

Like how Im getting fitter and stronger and very slowly making good changes

😊
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

They often do, although I do see my tendency to be lazy and procrastinate as negative character traits. Like, putting off getting in shape doesn't really lend itself to creative avenues to be efficient. At some point, for me now...I just have to deal with it head on.

It's helped me before with technical pursuits, though. Like, if something is so routine and laborious I will feel lazy and want to see if I can figure out how to create a tool to help.

I have plenty of other negative character traits as well, but I do feel happy about my creativity with visual arts and music to a degree. I find myself working on those areas when I'm feeling anxious or down, too...at least there's an area or two where I can feel competent when other things are in disarray.

I work in IT. My laziness has resulted in some pretty awesome automation scripts. Lol

I do get anxiety about the things I feel I SHOULD do, but just... Don't.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Like: I am empathetic. Crazy so, and as a result often give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

Don't like: I am very hard on myself. It's like all the empathy I give to others leaves no room for me.

Like: I am driven to push forward.

Being empathetic is a wonderful trait, imo. As the way I see things, we are basically one another just in different shoes and on a different path. It may lead to your being taken advantage of from time to time, but it's better for being connected which is just a better way to live I think. People get burned in life and it often burns off their empathy.

Happy New Year!

I feel this way too. I often say that empathy is my super power. But it's also my kryptonite. I wouldn't change it though. It makes me who I am. ❤️
  • KickassAmazon76
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Like : That I have a heart that can be kind at times , believes in sharing at times
    Hate : My body and the that I am not always focused, procrastinating about things I know deep down I should but I don't always
    One more thing I like: can't think more unfortunately

@FatToFitChaser This makes me sad. I'd like you to try to come up with one more like. Maybe it's the fact that you're here and showing up. That you're trying. That you haven't quit.

Sometimes it's hard to see the good in our lives, but it means you need to look harder. It's there. I'm sure of it. *hugs*
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Like: I like that I feel strong. That I can lift stuff that is heavy and do things that I never thought I could.

Don't like: I don't like that I often minimize my own personal successes because someone out there can do more than I can.

Like: that I am setting an example for my kids and that they are proud of me for the things I CAN do in my gym. (I've even overheard them tell friends about how strong they think I am and that makes me feel... Special somehow)
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Like: I like that I feel strong. That I can lift stuff that is heavy and do things that I never thought I could.

Don't like: I don't like that I often minimize my own personal successes because someone out there can do more than I can.

Like: that I am setting an example for my kids and that they are proud of me for the things I CAN do in my gym. (I've even overheard them tell friends about how strong they think I am and that makes me feel... Special somehow)

This is awesome