Need Friends!! Follow Party!!

Hey, My name is Tara. I'm 31 years old. I just started my weight loss journey November 7,2020. My starting weight was 292 lbs. When I realized that I was almost 300 lbs., I decided that it was enough that I was going to do something about it finally. After tons of research, counting calories, and a little more exercise, I'm down to 261 lbs. I feel so much better, but I do find it tough at times. I'm reading discussions on here four days a week and I'm entering my food on my app everyday. So, I figured making some friends on here would help with motivation.

Replies

• mariwrh
    mariwrh Posts: 11 Member
    Hello Tara! I am Maria, I am 20 years old and I just started my journey, hope we can help each other:)
  • jennshankland
    jennshankland Posts: 2 Member
    Hi I'm Jenn 37 262lbs. Just started today. Hoping to lose 60lbs.hooe we can help each other
  • xxxtarable27xxx
    xxxtarable27xxx Posts: 104 Member
    I think we can definitely help each other.
  • katheebowen
    katheebowen Posts: 13 Member
    Hi, boat mates. I would love to work together in encouraging you and myself to stick with it.
    I was 60 in November. I was a normal weight kid, teen and young adult and a personal crisis at 24 started me on my path to unhealthy eating and obesity. I'm now retired after a career as a newspaper reporter.
    My knees are shot and a doctor is ready to replace them, but I know when I lose 20 pounds I can cope with the pain. I can only imagine losing 50 and being able to really take a walk. My first goal is 5 pounds.
    Here's my new thing. (I'd love to hear what you do)
    I wake up and say a prayer for my family and the world and for me to do well today. Then I start thinking about what good food is in the house and how I can stay under 1,400 calories.
    As my coffee is pouring through the machine, I stand with my arms bent in front of me and twist at the waist 50 times in each direction. I fill the Brita for the first time today and plan to drink at least two pitchers, hopefully 3.
    Each time I have some mindless task, I think of grade school gym class and how we used to warm up...touch toes, twist body, airplane arms, etc. Even if it's only 30 seconds, that's movement.
    I love wine. It's part of the reason I'm in this boat. There's a half bottle of white in the fridge...not sure how to finish that thought, but buying more is not an option. I guess I have to think of the wine in my calorie counting and leave it at that. I don't get drunk, but two or three glasses is up to 450 calories and I think I'd rather eat five pounds of celery.
  • abrandnewme2021
    abrandnewme2021 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi Tara. Feel free to add me I just started Jan 1.
  • erosemiller314
    erosemiller314 Posts: 48 Member
    Hi Tara! I am also 31 and just sent you a friend request! I just re-started on Jan 1st.
  • Would love to connect. Lost 75 pounds 3 years ago, gained 40 back during covid. On a journey to reclaim what got away from me and then some.
  • KellieLou412
    KellieLou412 Posts: 17 Member
    Hi! I'm starting properly tomorrow, but been making little changes for the last week, aiming to lose 56lbs in all, but breaking it down one stone (14lbs) at a time. Feel free to add me!!
  • Hi Tara! Just started MFP today. Had baby girl in May but I decided I needed some extra help losing some weight so I joined the MFP community. I was always 215-220 lbs before I got pregnant, then when I found out I was pregnant, I changed my eating habits and started walking every day. This helped me only gain 5 pounds my whole pregnancy. So now I want to get down to 175 for our wedding renewal this July! I am starting at 2000 calories a day for 5 weeks then going down to 1800 then 1600. My BMR is 2000 so as long as I am burning more calories then consuming this should all work...right? haha
  • tat20
    tat20 Posts: 53 Member
    Hi Tara, Im Tarah, also 31 and around the same weight too. Looking for buddies on here so we can hold eachother accountable. Been on and off the app for years, just really looking to kick it into gear now that i have a more sedentary job.
  • logancsmama
    logancsmama Posts: 31 Member
    I think I sent you a friend request, but I'm a little rusty at this! 🙂
  • JKika3131
    JKika3131 Posts: 3 Member
    I am not young at all :) But, you can add me if you like.
  • xxxtarable27xxx
    Okay, Yay! I made sure I added all of you. Thanks for being my friend. I'm glad I have someone that I can support and that support me back. Many more is welcome.
  • cgcdavis7
    cgcdavis7 Posts: 85 Member
    I have a similar story. I'm and saw 295lb on the scale in May and have lost over 60lb since then. I haven't looked back. Anyone is welcome to add me (no private chatting boys) and I'd love to walk alongside you!
  • Nichole_AZ
    Nichole_AZ Posts: 717 Member
    Anyone is welcome to add me. I like many gained a lot of weight back during covid as my job as a teacher went from on my feet all day to sitting at a desk all day. Here's to 2021.
  • xxxtarable27xxx
    <3
  • judit_anne
    judit_anne Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! New here.. again. Hoping to stay focused and feel better about myself!! Feel free to add me. :)
  • M_Shay2414
    M_Shay2414 Posts: 63 Member
    Hi Tara, I’m Matt. I love seeing others decide to make the commitment on this journey. It’s the first step. Wanting to change. Now you’re acting on it. In May of 2020 I was at the highest weight I’ve ever been. I was uncomfortable with myself. I hated going out in public and pretty much became a recluse. Since then, I have lost 40 Ibs an am on a journey to lose more. I eat the majority of the time extremely clean and work out at least 6 days a week. I would love to be an extra support system for one another and follow you on your journey! I added you. ☺️
  • Add ya boi for immoral support
  • xxxtarable27xxx
    <3B)