Macros changing my daily calories

Options
I just switched to the Premium Plan and went in to adjust my macros with the goal of 1gm of protein/lb of my body weight. I made fat 25% and the rest carbs. Anyhoo - super confused because it's always said 1200 cals/day for me and after I did this it then shot my calories to 1750/day. Now I am more confused. It shows that I'm still on a 2lb/week loss but does this mean I no longer count my exercise calories like I used to do at 1200 or I count them as well and will still lose 2 pounds a week? The change in calories blew my mind so any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!!!!!

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    What are the actual grams you put in for each thing?

Also, if you are currently overweight, 1g protein per lb of body weight is too high. It's meant to be 1g per lb of LBM, or 0.8g per lb of goal/ideal weight (eg, pick a number in the middle of healthy BMI range for your height).

You've essentially overwritten the 2lb per week (I'm going to come back to that) with a custom goal. If you want it to be 1200, then you have to have the cals for each macro group add up to that.

Re that 1200/2lb per week goal though, is that actually an appropriate rate of loss for you? Unless you have over 100lb to lose, it's too aggressive, and I would highly recommend reassessing it.

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options
    What she said ^^

cfpqwo9vvrsi.png