3rd Time's a charm! 30 lbs off by May1, 2021

Options
In 2002, I lost 30 lbs & gained it back. In 2008, I did it again plus gained more. I lost 42 lbs in 2012 and slowly gained 30 back over the last couple of years - thinking it was age, pandemic, going back to a sitting desk job, and 4 kids leaving our nest in last 3 years - lots of adjustments! Now my oldest is getting married in June of 2021 and I'm realizing how I let myself really go! I miss feeling comfortable in a swim suit in my kayak! I know the Mediterranean Diet is the recipe tracking macronutrients w MFP. I am 3 days back on plan and feeling really good! Will be adding Pure Barre to tone and sculpt. We have 2 big dogs and walk every day. Looking for a motivated accountability partner with similar goals.
0p7h2mysm230.jpg

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,882 Member
    Options
    Hi, there! I think I'm not your ideal target reader (not great at accountability, just hanging out here maintaining weight after losing 50+ pounds in 2015), but wanted to stop by to welcome and wish you well. There are a number of groups and challenges getting going over in the Motivation and Support or Challenges part of the forums, so that might be a good place to find some accountability options. Here are direct links to those areas, for convenience's sake:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/motivation-and-support
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/challenges

Personally, I'm a big believer in using weight loss as an on-ramp to maintenance if possible, i.e., using the process to experiment and find manageable habits that will lead to staying at a healthy weight long term. That's in contrast to treating weight loss as a sort of project with an end date, using special rules and restrictions to get to goal then going back to normal. You mention having been through several rotations of the diet merry-go-round. In what way(s) is your plan different this time, based on that past experience?

Wishing you much success!
  • TryingMyBestCL
    TryingMyBestCL Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Have sent you a request, here for you!