Gaining weight

Options
Hello, I’ve got this app to try and gain weight as currently I’m under weight and want to build myself up a bit. I was wondering if anyone had any good pescatarian diet schedules/ plans to help with this such as when to eat and what to eat. Thank you

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,175 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome!

There's a whole forum on gaining weight. I'd start there. If I were trying to gain weight, I'd focus on calorie dense foods that are also nutrient dense. That would include things like lots of avocados, nuts, full-fat dairy, and whole grain breads. I might even go for Snickers bars; they aren't as bad as you might think.

When to eat doesn't matter. Managing weight is about whether you are in calorie balance, in a deficit, or in a surplus. To gain weight, you have to eat more than you burn.

Bagels with cream cheese, lox, onions, tomatoes, and capers. Every day. That's what I would do.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    When you eat doesn't matter. What you eat is your preference. HOW MUCH you eat is what matters for weight loss/gain/maintenance. If you're trying to gain you need to be in surplus. So if your TDEE is say 2800 calories, then you're intake should be at least 3300 calories a day if not more.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,175 Member
    Options
    @ninerbuff said it more concisely than I did, and it's true.

That said WHAT you eat can matter, not for weight gain/loss, but for nutrition. I expect you'll make good choices. If the goal is weight gain, eat more, and eat calorie dense things that don't fill you up.