Eating right but no exercise?

Options
I've been lowering my calorie intake for about 2 months now and have lost 12 pounds. I didn't exercise the whole time I was doing this btw, anyway I realized that I haven't been losing anymore weight lately. I wonder if I should start doing cardio, will that make a difference and help me to lose more weight or will i stay at this plateau forever??

*btw I have tried upping my calories, it still doesn't work.
Thank you guys, this is my first time posting <3.
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• GODfidence
    GODfidence Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Go for some Hiit.and strength training.
    Better results and more efficient.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Adding calories to break out of a weight loss plateau caused by not a big enough calorie deficit makes zero sense, whoever told you to eat more calories to lose weight or break through a plateau has no idea what they're talking about. A plateau isn't really a plateau unless you're stuck at the same weight for 2 weeks at a minimum. If this is the case, adding in some HIIT could be very helpful, or simply cutting calories slightly more can do the trick. To achieve a calorie deficit, increase calories burned, or further decrease calories consumed.
  • paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options

^This

Plus exercise brings many health benefits and will make you feel awesome.
  • chubbybunnee
    chubbybunnee Posts: 197 Member
    Options

^This

Plus exercise brings many health benefits and will make you feel awesome.

Yep...what they said! The only time I ever increased calories to break through a plateau was when I increased my exercise burn and needed them. If you don't exercise, then I don't believe in eating more to lose weight. Unless you are being unhealthy and eating less than 1200 calories a day, I wouldn't increase it. Follow MFP and add in the cardio and weight training 3 times a week. Try walking for 30 min a day. Strength training is great for weight loss because you tone as you lose. The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn doing less, so the idea of doing cardio AND weights is the ultimate method :) At least in my experience.