Another Year.. A NEW you

Options
I am looking for FRIENDS to share motivation, inspiration and support. 2020 was a struggle for EVERYONE! Let's make 2021 a year for new friendships, new supporters and Better yet a NEW YOU.... if you truly want or need an accountability partner or partners FEEL FREE TO ADD ME! I will ADD you back. I am in need of checkins (preferably daily) however I realize that may be unrealistic at times so I will settle for weekly :)

If this is too much for you that is fine, not hard feelings and I will still add you. If you are serious about daily/weekly checkins please let me know by sending me a message.

Happy New Year :)

Replies

• TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a 38f with 40lbs to lose (38 now😉) I’ve started more times than I can count. This time feels different though. I’ve made goals, have a visual chart, got beach body on demand so I have home workouts I can do each morning, and my husband has rewards picked out for each 10lb mark. I feel like this is my year! I’d love to be part of some kind of accountability group.

What are your goals?

I’ll add you as a friend!
  • tara_mcconnell
    tara_mcconnell Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Tiffani!
    Thanks for the add :)
    I have 30 pounds I would like to lose. I have done EVERYTHING..... I used to be a BB coach so I am very familiar with the works outs. I have done walking 5-8 miles daily, weightlifting, pound, I even started running. I was very successful at it; however, a knee injury has set me back. I am currently doing a stationary bike daily 3-5 miles. Eating has been a bit better than before the holidays so that is a plus.
    I am looking for someone to be able to check in with and keep accountable!
  • TxTiffani
    Options
    I’m on daily, and would love to check in! I’m sticking to 1200 calories, but mostly because I’m so short😉
  • beachandwavesmfp
    beachandwavesmfp Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! My goal is 1200 as well... :)
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,428 Member
    Options
    Hi. Hate to be Debbie Downer here because I know how enthusiastic I was when I started.

1200 is the very minimum MFP will recommend for weight loss, and that’s only for ladies who are very short. Anything less can be dangerous to your health and is not recommended. Under eating can result in hair loss, fatigue, heart problems and more.

Not to mention, 1200 can be grueling, cause binges, cutting, binges and eventual quitting.

Have you put your height and weight into the calculator ? What did it suggest?

Be kind to yourself. Unless you have a substantial amount of weight to lose, choose a reasonable rate of loss. 2 pounds a week sounds awesome, but is difficult.

Weight loss requires patience, application, determination, and most of all, kindness- to yourself.

Please consider choosing a lower rate of loss to give yourself more calories to play with when starting out.

If you are within 20 pounds of your goal, those will be the slowest and trickiest ones to get off. You’ll probably want to shoot for half a pound a week or less.

Weight loss is not a race. In my case it took
    30+ years to put on a hundred pounds. Expecting it to all come off in a few months is setting yourself up for failure.

OTOH, used as intended, you will be singing the praises of MFP as the weight sheds, I promise!

Best wishes for much success!!!!! Hope to see your ravishing before and after photos over on Success Stories!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10761904/under-1200-for-weight-loss/p1
  • TxTiffani
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @springlering62 you lost 100lbs?! You look amazing in your profile pic!!

I am 5’0 with 40lbs to lose. I know a lot of people that drop to 1200 seem to be much taller, but the caloric needs for a super shortie like me are very low. As I improve my fitness level I plan to exercise even more and eat back those calories as well:)
  • springlering62
    Options
    Don’t know whether to like, hug, or mark inspired, lol. It’s such a pleasure to see someone starting out mindfully!!!!

Thank you! I lost 93 on a good day. 😊 I was underweight for years so no need to punish myself with those last few pounds.

Btw, weight training has been super helpful with getting a girly shape again, and I credit it with keeping my skin comparatively tight, too. If you have any inclinations in that direction, the consensus of most the ladies here who have is,”wish I’d started it earlier”.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/977538/halp-heavy-lifting-made-me-supah-bulky/p1

I never thought I’d love weights (or challenges, for that matter) but weights are a lot of fun, and challenging.
  • TxTiffani
    Options
    I am so incredibly out of shape, but I’m starting with home workouts and as I’m able to handle more I’d like to expand my workouts. With small children and a budget I’m not able to do an actual gym at this point but maybe can add some hand weights:) I definitely want to change my shape as I lose, and unlike all the other times I’m looking at it more long term. My grandma is so frail and can barely get around and I want to age more gracefully with keeping my muscles strong
  • TxTiffani
    Options
    @tara_mcconnell how are you doing so far? Sticking to plan? I’ve been staying on plan with my calorie goals and finished day 6 of 21 day fix this morning💪🏻😜 Honestly I have to modify most exercises so far but I keep moving and know that my fitness will improve and I’ll be able to do this next go around hopefully without having to modify as much or any maybe:)
  • springlering62
    Options
    TxTiffani wrote: »
    @tara_mcconnell how are you doing so far? Sticking to plan? I’ve been staying on plan with my calorie goals and finished day 6 of 21 day fix this morning💪🏻😜 Honestly I have to modify most exercises so far but I keep moving and know that my fitness will improve and I’ll be able to do this next go around hopefully without having to modify as much or any maybe:)

The first time I did a hot yoga class, I was grateful my copious tears could pass for sweat.

The first time I did a Pilates class I wanted to curl up in a ball and hide, I was so angry and embarrassed about not being able to keep up.

It does get better.

The workout isn’t hard. It’s going back the second time that’s hard.

• TxTiffani
    Options
    @springlering62 this whole first week I’ve been pretty upset with myself for letting me get so out of shape🙈 today was easier though...I still had to modify but I’m not as sore as I was the first few days and I can get up and down our stairs without tears LOL
  • springlering62
    Options
    @TxTiffani

Oh sweetie, we’ve all been there done that!!!!!

This, too, shall pass. Just keep reminding yourself!

And BTW, don’t forget, soreness like that will cause instant water weight to show up on the scale, as your body rushes water to the parts that need repair . Have faith in yourself!
  • tara_mcconnell
    Options
    I am doing okay...... I feel like I am not eating enough some days and I am struggling with that. I am doing my bike everyday at least 30 minutes- most days one hour. How is everyone?
  • Suedexter
    Suedexter Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Feel free to add me to the group. I'm 5 2 with 35 lbs to lose. Just starting out. Bought an exercise bike as haven't been able to do gym in lockdown. Need to get into habit of using it every day - always seem to busy!
  • TxTiffani
    Options
    Welcome @Suedexter! I’ve been riding my exercise bike for my exercise as well. I’m 5’0 with 37 lbs to lose. We’ve got this!

@tara_mcconnell ive been staying within 1000-1200 cals each day and feeling pretty good on it. As a very short female I feel like it’s ok to dip a little below the 1200. If you’re trying to get in more calories try nut butters, real butter, nuts for snacks, full fat dressings...that should bump it up a bit without adding to your fullness
  • tara_mcconnell
    Options
    Thank you! I am down 4 pounds since the 1st .... even losing 4 pounds a month. I will be stoked
  • TxTiffani
    Options
    @tara_mcconnell thats a great loss! I’m sticking to the plan but losing a little slower than expected and have lost a little over 2lbs so far this month. But, as long as I know I’m sticking to my cals and getting in exercise I’m just going to trust the process🤷🏼‍♀️
  • ihilbert3389
    ihilbert3389 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I love how supportive this thread is. I’m 5’2” and was also given a 1200 calorie goal by the calculator. I’ve been struggling reaching my calorie goal and typically fall between 1000 a 1200 calories. By transitioning to eating more whole and healthy foods, the calories don’t seem to add up as quickly as I feel like they should. Has anyone else run into this issue?
  • TxTiffani
    Options
    Welcome, @ihilbert3389 ! Yes, I find I am way less hungry if I’m eating healthy Whole Foods because you definitely get more bang for your buck!
  • Sweetzyd
    Sweetzyd Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I'm Crystal. I could sure use some extra motivation and support. I started here in 2018 and lost around 30 lbs and was at goal weight. A lot has happened between now and then, some heartache and of course covid last year so I kind of gave up. I gained back 20 lbs so I'm looking to lose that again! The bad thing is, I know how to lose it because I've done it before, it's just having the motivation to stick with it.