Back again

Options
Roy1C
Roy1C Posts: 75 Member
My name is Roy. I went on π™†π™šπ™©π™€ in April 2019 and lost 34 lbs. I kept it off for a year but have gained 20 of it back in the past few months. So it’s time to diet and be more active regardless of this crazy pandemic.

Replies

• jenniferbauer211
    jenniferbauer211 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I too am a repeat customer:-)
  • Roy1C
    Options
    Thanks Jennifer. We did it once, we can do it again!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,416 Member
    Options
    What are your plans this time?

Whatever you do, I hope you can get to a place you consider successful and stay there. Going backwards is mentally defeating. Welcome back!
  • Roy1C
    Options
    Not doing π™†π™šπ™©π™€ this time. I’m logging food and keeping calories under 1500. Also walking at least 10k steps as well n
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,416 Member
    Options
    Whew. 1500. That's pretty small. Those 10K steps will probably mean you can add a couple hundred to that. Ten thousand steps is about three miles. I've got about ten pounds to take back off since October. No idea where it came from. I thought I had lost them, but I must have looked in a dark corner somewhere because... there they were.

I may reset my pre-exercise calories back down to 1661, or I may leave them at maintenance for my goal weight for a nice soft landing at some point in the future. Because either way, I'll get there. I'll save you a seat!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Roy1C wrote: Β»
    Not doing π™†π™šπ™©π™€ this time. I’m logging food and keeping calories under 1500. Also walking at least 10k steps as well n

I agree with @mtararoot that under 1500 calories is a little scary. I’m a 45 year old female, 5’9, 199 lbs and I can lose on 2000 calories per day.

Please eat the full 1500 calories PLUS at least half of your exercise calories. You may lose a little more slowly, but you are more likely to have long term success.

You have to have long-term maintenance in mind. Once you’ve lost the weight, how do you plan to sustain that? You should be eating in a way you can maintain forever.