For Humans With Uteruses

Options
2»

Replies

• siberiantarragon
    siberiantarragon Posts: 265 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @siberiantarragon I’ve had a couple periods where I was basically bedridden for a couple days so I’m so sorry to hear that all or most of your periods are so bad.

Usually I can avoid the worst of the cramps and remain mobile if I take two ibuprofen the moment my period starts, and then take two again a few hours later, the moment the first two start wearing off (repeat cycle as needed). But if there's any latency between getting it and taking the ibuprofen, then that increases the risk of having really bad cramps. Like sometimes if it starts in my sleep, or for some reason the ibuprofen doesn't work right away, I will be rolling around in pain for hours and throwing up LOL. In that case I usually go lie down in a hot shower for an hour or so and that generally helps. But I never go anywhere without ibuprofen for this reason. Not being able to exercise has more to do with the heaviness aspect than the cramps, though (sorry if that's TMI) so unfortunately there's not much I can do about that.
    I’ve had a few friends over the years who have PCOS so my heart goes out to anyone who deals with that. It sounds like you’re doing a really good job handling it with making healthy food choices available and adjusting your exercises.

Yeah, it's a work in progress, although I did eat way too much junk food today. Another reason why I'm trying to eat less junk food is because, unfortunately, having PCOS increases my risk for type 2 diabetes, which already runs in my family. My doctor said I had no sign of insulin resistance so far, but, I'd like to keep it that way.
    I’m no expert but I have heard that raspberries are great when you have your period because they have anti inflammatory properties. Have you ever heard of that? The person who told me that was a bit strange so maybe it’s not true. I’m a huge fan of pineapple and I’ve heard similar things about that as well.

I've never heard of that, but raspberries are my favorite fruit, so I'll take any excuse to eat more of them LOL. I think most fruits are considered to be anti-inflammatory though, but I know berries have a lot of antioxidants.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    @Lietchi that’s so interesting about the heart rate! I’ll have to check that out for myself!

@callsitlikeiseeit I agree with you. I definitely don’t try to weigh myself daily and I’m trying to focus on how I feel and how my clothes fit more. Also, The dog in your profile picture is wicked cute!!!

that's holly, one of our great Pyrenees. We have two who are working dogs (we have a farm)