What fuels your fire?

2»

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    My full length mirror. What a great self improvement tool. Helps with fitness and fashion; that reflective thing.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,171 Member
    Theses days it's something to do. But I actually enjoy working out and it means I can eat what I wish. I find results are addictive I enjoy seeing the changes happening in my body
  • blwhitfield22101
    blwhitfield22101 Posts: 44 Member
    edited February 2021
    There are numerous motivational factors to my weight loss but the one that I think about almost daily is that I want to feel reassured that when I'm having a conversation with a friend, family member, or coworker they arnt noticing my size first. Hate feeling like I'm the biggest one in the room, and hate that I check to see if I am.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    I love sports. And it takes some strength, agility, speed and stamina to do it almost regardless of the sport. I want to be able to do that as long as I can without getting injured or being ineffective.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • strebor337
    strebor337 Posts: 168 Member
    Elcee2020 wrote: »
    Good Company

Good company is a great motivator! Anyone in particular?
  • strebor337
    My full length mirror. What a great self improvement tool. Helps with fitness and fashion; that reflective thing.

I do enjoy seeing the pounds come off. As for the fashion, I'll have to work on that one a bit. With my clothes fitting a bit more loosely, I'm about due for a wardrobe update!
  • strebor337
    Theses days it's something to do. But I actually enjoy working out and it means I can eat what I wish. I find results are addictive I enjoy seeing the changes happening in my body

That is addictive! I tend to work out to support my diet as well, but I'm getting better about finding a balance. I find that when I'm fit I naturally want to eat better.
  • strebor337
    There are numerous motivational factors to my weight loss but the one that I think about almost daily is that I want to feel reassured that when I'm having a conversation with a friend, family member, or coworker they arnt noticing my size first. Hate feeling like I'm the biggest one in the room, and hate that I check to see if I am.

I'm a big fan of Tony Robbins, and he talks about what a powerful motivator fear can be. I think that concern can get you on the right path, but it might not keep you there. For example, what will keep you motivated when you don't have that concern any more? By the way, you're a beautiful woman, and I can guarantee that your size is not the first thing that the people you should care about are noticing.
  • strebor337
    edited February 2021
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I love sports. And it takes some strength, agility, speed and stamina to do it almost regardless of the sport. I want to be able to do that as long as I can without getting injured or being ineffective.

I'm with you Niner. I love to hunt, and I find that if I'm not in shape it really limits my ability to enjoy the sport. I want to keep doing it for as long as I'm able, and pushing myself to do things that are just outside my comfort zone really helps keep me in that sweet spot. Thanks for sharing.
  • strebor337
    Elcee2020 wrote: »

I'm not fussy in regards to who or what. 😉Supportive, positive, motivating, and fun company really helps achieve goals, most importantly.
    I try to be the same to others..
    Some or most of us are fighting something in our lives and it's hard to achieve while your energy is being drained through stress.
    It's very easy to give in to negativity if there's not enough positive to balance it.

We are the product of the five people we spend the most time with. I think sometimes we aren't intentional enough about those influences, but it's awesome that you recognize that and try to uplift others. Rock on!
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,171 Member
    strebor337 wrote: »

That is addictive! I tend to work out to support my diet as well, but I'm getting better about finding a balance. I find that when I'm fit I naturally want to eat better.

I tend to eat fairly well. I enjoy salads oddly and lately I've been having allergic reactions to foods so I am trying to eliminate some things to figure out what the issue is before going to the dr. But I do think when you're fitter you seem to crave healthier foods
  • strebor337
    strebor337 wrote: »

I tend to eat fairly well. I enjoy salads oddly and lately I've been having allergic reactions to foods so I am trying to eliminate some things to figure out what the issue is before going to the dr. But I do think when you're fitter you seem to crave healthier foods

That is challenging you get food allergies dialed in. I always feel better all around when I'm eating right. I had a long road trip last weekend where I just ate like crap and my body was sore for days afterwards. I'm sure part of the problem was being in the car all day, but I think poor eating took its toll.