205lbs struggling to eat 2000

Options
I seem not to struggle to only eat eat 2000 calories a day. I am moderately active during the day and I lift heavy weights 3 days a week.

Like I can eat less than 2500. My body won't allow it. Does anyone else have this issue? Not sure how to handle this cuz I feel like a Barbarian. Once upon a time before I started lifting I could eat 1500 calories lose weight and things were simple. Not I eat everything in sight

Replies

• Meeshikins
    Meeshikins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There were times I struggled with going over but including lots of fresh veggies helped tremendously. Mind over matter :)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    are you trying to lose weight or trying to gain weight?

if you are trying to lose weight, you didn't get to that point by not eating enough calories.

• westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to lose weight and you're saying that your calorie goal is 2,000? And you're 'moderately active' every day and lift weights 3x/week?

Then you are simply not eating enough. That's why you're hungry.

I used an online TDEE calculator --- I don't know all the info (age/height) I would need to do it properly so you should re-do it to check (https://tdeecalculator.net/)

I just put 25 as the age (bc IDK how old you are) and 5'5" for the height (bc I think that's the avg. female height) and I used 'sedentary' as your lifestyle just to make it easier for me in my head.

That puts your TDEE at ~2,000 ---- that's the amount of calories to maintain your weight if you were sedentary. You're saying you're not sedentary and lift weights....so your TDEE is probably significantly higher than that.

So, re-figure your TDEE with your correct stats and then choose a calorie goal that is somewhere lower than that but higher than your BMR. That way your can be sure you're eating enough to fuel your body but still be at a deficit to lose weight. Try that for 2-4 weeks...then hop on the scale and see where you are.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options

if you are trying to lose weight, you didn't get to that point by not eating enough calories.

I think you misread her post. She is struggling to stay UNDER 2000 calories, not struggling to reach it.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Take a look at the types of foods you are eating.

You might want to try adding more high-volume foods that are lower in calories, like vegetables as a previous poster mentioned. Then, you can eat more food, while still keeping your calories under control.

You may need to experiment to figure out which types of foods keep you the most satisfied. For some people, it's protein...for others fats, or carbs. It's pretty individual.

If there are calorie-dense foods that are currently a big part of your diet, try switching them out with lower-calorie options.

You might not have to eat less food, volume-wise, if you make different choices as far as which foods you eat.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

I think you misread her post. She is struggling to stay UNDER 2000 calories, not struggling to reach it.

ahhhh gotcha. afternoon coffee must not have hit my brain yet LOL my apologies!