Calorie goal differs

Options
Folks I've got the app on my Samsung phone and the app on my apple I pad.

Same app, same account logins

However when I entered the exact goals into both with all the same stats on me I get 2 different calorie allowances???

One gives me 1500 cal a day
One gives me 1710 ditto

I've checked and checked and checked the details. All exactly the same.Any reason? Has anyone had this ...sorry for dopey questions.

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Very strange! Have you tried logging out and in again? MFP can be particularly glitchy at the best of times.

Maybe log into the web version and see what that says, that should be (in theory) correct.
  • ahclay
    ahclay Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't go with what MFP suggests anyway. It's just a ballpark for the average person of a particular weight. If you have a high %age of muscle, you're going to need more food, just like if you're thin but mostly fat, you'll need to eat less. I'd track my calories and weight over a long period of time to see what works best. They had me at 1850 a day, and doing that it took me 9 months to lose 12 pounds. A bit too slow for me.
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I had the exact same issue with the site on my PC compared to using the app on Android. You might try entering your data into some online calculator to get an estimate of your TDEE, and whichever of the 1500 or 1710 is closest to that calculator, use that version of MFP for your base line.